How Do You Change Eye Color?

Greetings! 

I just started DAZ3D the other day and I'm starting to kind of learn the basics of it all.

However, changing the eye color and skin color illudes me. Can anybody help me out, please? 

Comments

• Most characters come with at least a few alternative eye colours in their material settings, and you can almost always mix-and-match eye colours between characters anyway. Skin colour is a bit trickier - you can select the figure, then in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane select the skins surfaces under the figure name on the left (recent figures actually have a Skin group) and adjusts ettings - many Iray settings use the Translucency weight, though I'd try absorption distance too since skin is darker with more melanin blocking the light; you can alsao try slightly darkening the base colour, though there is a limit to how far that would work and look plausible.

• agree with Richard above, you can totally manually change the colors of pretty much anything and there are plenty of tutorial videos out there. ALSO wanted to let you know what helped me a lot in the beginning was Skin Builder. you can buy it on the daz store and it is a worthy investment, there's one for genesis3 and one for genesis 8 (sold separately). you can adjust skin colors, eyes, makeup lashes freckles etc. honestly makes life easy.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,171

I have just looked up, eyes, and select the color I like. Most seem to work and are interchangeable. (the key word is most) Skin Builder is an awesome product.  I don't have the gen 3 version. I believe it comes in but male and female, whereas SK8 is females only.