Has your purchase patterns increased? Decreased? Or remained about the same?

124»

Comments

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641

barbult said:

mrinal said:

barbult said:

Taoz said:

Mystiara said:

gerster said:

Mystiara said:

my first choice in shopping is to shop where they dont force webp.  just honest jpg.  i save one jpg promo for everything i buy

wtf? why? wep is awesome. trust me I'm a web frontend engineer.

when i look at my promo folder in explorer all i see is chrome circles.  haate it haaaate webp absolutely positively haate it

All DAZ promos are jpg, sometimes png, (I've seen one webp out of 100.000+ promos, probably a mistake).  It's easy to set Firefox not to convert jpg to webp when downloading pictures.

@Toaz Please explain how to download jpg. I hate the webp, too.

The webp version is downloaded when you try to save the image with webp enabled. To disable webp support just set "image.webp.enabled" to false in about:config section.This would allow saving the image in the original format in Firefox.

Or

If you want the original image format, in Firefox on any promo image popup right click > open image in a new tab. This should show the complete url of only the image ingnoring the webp version. Once you have the url use a download accelerator like IDM to fetch the image in the original format.

Thank you for explaining such a wonderful and simple fix.

You're welcome. Just want to highlight that disabling webp in your browser may have negative side-effects like Youtube video thumbnails not rendering properly. There may be other sites that also get affected since CDNs like cloudflare heavily rely on it. So if you ever decide to roll back the changes, you can still use the alternate approach I suggested.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

I used to spend $50+ a month here, and now I don't think I have spent that much this year so far. 

• I don't think my spending has decreased by much, but very little of it has been spent on new products. I have been mostly taking advantage of the recent spate of sales and promotions to purchase items from the Daz back catalog and my wishlist, at steep discounts. 

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 326

It decreased significantly with the release of G8.1. 90% of my facial expressions don't work on G8.1 b/c of the way they are saved by the developers. Most of my creature assets don't work on G8.1 thanks to Script incompatibilities. The G8.1 bundles are designed for a customer with different needs than mine. I don't do animations and I expect appendage characters in a bundle to be based on the affiliate core character.

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731

HighElf said:

It decreased significantly with the release of G8.1. 90% of my facial expressions don't work on G8.1 b/c of the way they are saved by the developers. Most of my creature assets don't work on G8.1 thanks to Script incompatibilities. The G8.1 bundles are designed for a customer with different needs than mine. I don't do animations and I expect appendage characters in a bundle to be based on the affiliate core character.

This issue has been going on since the later G8 period, too, used to be that the core character something came bundled with was necessary but it's been a long time since we could rely on that. Freja wasn't the first offender IIRC, but she was the first offender that I really noticed because I was actually excited about her. None of the characters in her bundles required her at all, they were nice enough but were also conventionally pretty, skinny types and had nothing to do with a brawny blacksmith who could break your femurs over her knee.

I got a banner for an extra 10% off the Scallywag bundle today, but won't be using it. It's another weak bundle, so overpriced that an extra 10% is laughable, and has animations stuffed in there yet again that I do not want or need. Kooky "Captain Wolfgang" (we can all tell it's Jack Sparrow, 'k) poses that I'll never use. An outfit suspiciously not shown in poses far out of square.

Lately I've been taking advantage of "clearance" buys but that's all. Nothing new has been must-have-right-now, it's all gone on the wishlist, and I doubt anything that's must-have in my brain right now will end up in the store because it's weird and specific.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,629

I got a banner for an extra 10% off the clearance items. That was unexpected.