Limit IK reach / properly lock body parts

One thing I cannot one is locking the rest of the body when I want to pose arms or legs with the IK tool. No matter what, I pin Upper Chest on G8, I pull the hand with IK, whole torso and the other arm move. 

I need only the collar-arm-forearm-hand to move. How can I do that?

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

If I pin the upper chest and add an IK chain to the hand, the body stays in place, so I'm not sure why yours isn't. IK in Daz is pretty bad all around and is in dire need of improvement, though.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049

Have you pinned both rotation and translation? If rotation is not pinned the head and other arm can move as the upper chest rotates as you pull the arm, and it may drag the lower parts of the torso with it as it rotates. A second way that may work is to pin both translation & rotation for the initial & next body parts (eg Upper Chest & Lower Chest for the arms). If you have pinned both and it still moves.. blowed if I know what's happening.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Richard.

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

margrave said:

If I pin the upper chest and add an IK chain to the hand, the body stays in place, so I'm not sure why yours isn't. IK in Daz is pretty bad all around and is in dire need of improvement, though.

Wait - "add an IK chain"? I just select the tool and grab/drag the hand. Wrong? 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,278

An IK Chain is something extra and not a normal part of the model. What you are doing is simply moving body parts and the attached parts are making adjustments to compensate.

Pin also is a pain and does not work properly in these latest versions of Daz.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

pixelquack said:

margrave said:

Wait - "add an IK chain"? I just select the tool and grab/drag the hand. Wrong? 

Yes and no.

While Daz Studio does allow you to grab the hand with the Rotate or Transform tool, it's very laggy. Adding an IK Chain to the hand from the Create menu and pinning the Upper Chest will make it much, much faster.

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

pixelquack said:

One thing I cannot one is locking the rest of the body when I want to pose arms or legs with the IK tool. No matter what, I pin Upper Chest on G8, I pull the hand with IK, whole torso and the other arm move. 

I need only the collar-arm-forearm-hand to move. How can I do that?

Not sure about IK stuff but Try This

Go to Windows menu and find Tool Option. You`ll see option to change pin behaviour/postion to PIN at ORIGIN , PIN at END and PIN at BOTH everytime you`re using ACTIVE POSE tool

CHOOSE PIN at BOTH if you want to move lower children only

PIN Option.jpg
    522 x 348 - 129K