Studio DUF saved preset losing textures when opened in Carrara but direct load does not

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This is another version of the texture issue I've seen raised elsewhere. I have used Daz Studio 4.7 to use "fit to" to convert a variety of V4 files for use with Genesis 2 female. I saved the result as a "wearable preset." When I tried to open the duf file in Carrara, Carrara had lost track of the texture files. However, if I load the unconverted figure directly from Carrara's browser, the texture files are not lost.

I include a screen shot of the Lisa hair for V4 available from another site. On the left, the hair was loaded directly from the Carrara content browser from a runtime folder. No problem. On the right, the hair was loaded in Studio from the same folder, "fit to" G2F, and saved as a wearable preset as a duf file. Then the attempt to load the duf in Carrara has the textures lost.

Aaaargh.

daz_studio_export_losing_texture_files.JPG
712 x 576 - 42K

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,348
    edited December 1969

Hello Diomede

I did a quick test with Uhura V4 Hair, & HellsingV4 outfit saved as a Wearable Prest DUF.
    No problems when opened in Carrara.

I am still using DAZ3D 4.6.

Wearable_Preset_DUF_test.png
    1358 x 776 - 325K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,348
    edited December 1969

Hello again Diomede

I assume that the Lisa Hair is a HR2 file ?

Have tried a couple of different files but have not had the no-show for the colours/textures.

Was actually investigating some different hair styles on a Moon Elf character, have done a quick DAZ render of what I was working on.
    Future Carrara project involves a group of Moon Elves, doing the DAZ renders as I think of the concepts.

Regards, Bunyip

Moon_Elf_No2_TopazAutumn.png
    1773 x 1978 - 9M