Free Tip re HeadShop 14's Add-on

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
edited July 2021 in Freebies

I installed the update for HS14. Has the ability for us to add our own morphs to the plugin :-)

They may think this is easy to use, few minor details we're not born knowing about, so I don't think so. A few hours later finally got something showing.

So, in the fond hopes that this info saves somebody some hair:

One can drag the head duf from the Desktop into D/S. As it loads, one realizes one has the figure at base resolution with almost all parts hidden.

So one sees a head.  One morphs the head. Then one exports the .obj file.

Filling in a little gap, try selecting the Head to export, use the default D/S export settings, keep the names short, no spaces.

Ignore the .mtl files.

That json file ... can be opened in Notetab Light. The name of the folder and display has to be SHORT or it will not display.

One cannot edit files that are in the Program Folder.

Make many copies of that json example file, you may need them.

Maybe tomorrow one will work, but today, no. No way one was going to show for use. So finally I copied the information 6 times so it has its 0-5 places filled. I was testing only with one morph ;-)

At the end of each group is a comma EXCEPT at the last one, no comma.

Even though there is no counterpart .obj one still has to log a reference to it. If there is a counterpart made [using the other figure to make of it of course] it should have the same name with the F at the end of the Female's obj name. {going by the other files}

If ANY "mistake" is made in this additional folder one is putting into the Morphing drawer, HS wil NOT work.

Now before anybody gets too excited about making morphs to put into this plugin, remember where the Program Folders are located ;-)

Now I'm going to mention something 'cause the concept is that we can make these additional add-ons for ourselves as well as to share for others to use in their HeadShops. These folders have .obj files in them. So dear PAs and anybody else, please verify with the company whether this is okay with them or not.

Certainly what one can do safely is make the add-ons for themselves, then when the morph is in D/S, remake the morph properly {like we normally do - putting it on a slider}. And for these types there is all kinds of storage space as many of us have invested {a small fortune} in external hard drives, yes.

If anybody feels any info here has saved them hours of hair pulling and they can now run off and make a fortune, feel free to say tah ;-) {don't worry, nobody takes me seriously}

https://www.daz3d.com/gift-card

have to have 6 watch the commas and short folder name.png
1465 x 781 - 609K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited July 2021

Catherine, this is awesome! I applaud your effort to explore this new tool! I think the possibilities are endless. We just finished a cool add-on called "Teeth" that includes rabbit, vampire, lower teeth only, missing upper cutters, meth-mouth and the famous English gaptooth laugh

main copy.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 587K
    Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

Teeth ... wow ... that should be fun too :-)

By the way, the animal face shapes that were shown in the video were not in the download {unless I missed something}.

• Catherine3678ab said:

Teeth ... wow ... that should be fun too :-)

By the way, the animal face shapes that were shown in the video were not in the download {unless I missed something}.

No, they are still in development. Teeth is up, though.

Okay thank you. I'll go look for the teeth :-)

edited July 2021

Found teeth! Thank you :-)

Hay Laslo, either you're getting better at giving instructions OR I'm getting better at following them lol ... worked on first attempt! :-)

I actually kinda like these teeth. Somehow more realistic I should think, not all super sharp. Have been thinking about teeth for a few weeks pondering on a project. And yes, there are or were groups of people who did wear down their teeth quite a lot because of their lifestyle. So I think these are more realistic - not everybody throughout the ages had access to good Dentists to have caps and crowns refurbish their teeth.

This is a quick render:

teeth happily worn down from many a happy meal.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on