M4 shoes to G2 convert ?

starboardstarboard Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
I have tried everything I can think of to make a combo socks and shoes made for M4 convert to Genesis 2 male figure. Every time they are converted with the shoes in a downward position. I have tried going into the vertex modeler and adjusting them there but this brings a whole new set of issues. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks,

starboardtack

Pict_1.jpg
770 x 639 - 84K

Comments

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Hi

After countless attempts to find some magic bullet to resolve this, I have resorted to some crude surgery. Following diomedes64 suggestion in a past post, I export the shoes socks as Wavefront .obj's and then immediately re-imported them as objj's once more.. This allowed me to take them into the vertex modeling room and to separate and delete the socks from the shoes. The shoes could then be brought into the scenes as objects and parented individually to the feet of the Genesis figure. Since the feet do not normally have much need for flexibility this seems to work ok. The socks are formed by simply clicking on the Genesis figure legs and going into the shaders room and giving the legs a basic white texture. Since the socks are a skin tight this seems to work. My next thoughts are to apply a sock texture to the Genesis legs.

Although this is not an elegant solution, as I am a total novice with Carrera, at least it gives one method that can work until something better comes along.

Starboardtack

Shoes_1.jpg
    735 x 535 - 62K
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

For me, Genesis2 does not autofit anything other then clothing for Genesis2.

Genesis seems to autofit M4/V4 clothes just fine... with the exception of the feet, which never seem to autofit just right.

Your solution is actually very elegant, but I don't think there's any magic bullet yet for autofitting shoes for other figures to Genesis2 yet, it's just not yet supported.

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Jonstark,
    Thanks for the information. I now know what to expect when transposing into Genesis. I am still operating in a semi-fog so its a surprise when I stumble on something that works.

Starboardtack