Come watch my crappy Princess movie made using C8 Pro

edited January 2015 in Carrara Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIk3PIEedRZHW00VlPXVZaagTYeQy-3Ev

Here's the "updated" NEPs for your amusement.

Previously, everything was shot "in camera".

Now using alpha channel and backgrounds and some comps for sequences using effects.

Done using Adobe Creative Cloud software and Carrara, Daz models.

Real voice actors.

Enjoying using the 8.5 some significant improvements for a long-time user. Small-ish render farm.

If you have specific technical questions I may be able to answer them.

Expect another 2 minutes to drip out this week; Like me on FB or subscribe on YouTube if you want to see more.

Hoping that C is alive and well, still wating for version 10 with the MakeArt button though... cheers!

FX.jpg
761 x 646 - 75K
Post edited by reddotmedia_8092aed472 on

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Great job! I love the special effects...

• mikael-aronssonmikael-aronsson Posts: 549
    edited December 1969

Cool, lots of hard work, I see you have the same mushroom kit that I have for my fairy story ;o) but you ar far ahead of me.
    did you do a lot in post or is most of it done in Carrara ?

• edited December 1969

Thanks for your comments...

Special effects were surprisingly easy in After Effects or similar editor, just another layer...downloaded these for free but may try "rolling my own", maybe some steam, clouds, etc.

I have been at this for awhile, many years in fact (based on my downloads/purchases!!) but got sidelined by another project, renovating my house.

As far as how much done in C... mostly done using kind of green screen technique (in this case alpha channel with transparent background to PSD). Shoot the models and then add the background. This seemed to work alot faster than shooting a whole "scene", lit and with sky, etc. to .avi.

I use ONLY Daz content so changes are these props are in your runtime.

Vision is quick and dirty pulp fiction, soap opera-style so this is cheap and efficient.

Hoping to add some more polish to output, do some color matching, better mixing, but it's an adventure.

Thanks for watching and subscribe, share, like or ask more questions

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

the hair is static. is it a limitation of the s/w?

• edited December 1969

having better hair movement is one of the "nice to have" things, more people = more layers; hair being #1 on the list. Have not (yet) run accross that shot that ABSOLUTELY needed it...standing on the cliff or something...

This is prop hair so I would use morphs for movement over time for this effect.

My experience with dynamic hair (and clothes) has not been good; although is probably due to hardware limitations.

Thanks for noticing

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

It is nice seeing Carrara being used for animation projects and good job with this . Looks like you put lots of work into this.

• edited December 1969

Thank you for your kind comments.

I think I spent alot of time on building the process to create these clips. It's a method, a means of production. I tried to do it all in C; effects, backgrounds, etc. but it was just not working. From where I sit it's just another problem to solve. Try and do in an hour what took you a week. Using backgrounds was just one of these process improvements.

Now that I have a more modern process I find it's more "fun" and rewarding to do the 3D art.
    But it still requires some dedication to actually produce or complete something and life often gets in the way; slowing you down as I am sure you all know....

Now going back to the past and will re-render all these clips with a "brown" shader for the main character as this is the main vision - choose the color of your Princess. Hoping to have website updated and rolling with new content by end of month, but will see how it goes.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe or like on FB.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Wow. Very cool!
    I have a feeling that something dark is coming to the two siblings!
    Riches beyond imagining cannot come without some kind of lasting effect, right?
    Hmmm... meditate on this... I... will.... ;)

• edited December 1969

Thanks Dan... and for the set - it's your background "Woodlands", of course :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

AnAlias said:
    Thanks Dan... and for the set - it's your background "Woodlands", of course :)
    I know... I feel right at home!