Is anybody out there? Share your artworks about outer space on GuardianWitness

cris333cris333 Posts: 107
edited January 2015 in Bryce Discussion

I'm a fan of space-scaping and doing some research on internet i found out that there is an artwork contest about space or everything related to.
The contest is on The Guardian website http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/jan/02/is-anybody-out-there-share-your-artworks-about-outer-space announced and everyone can submit 3 artworks about the space, it doesn;t matter if it's a photo from an acrylic canvas , sketches , digital art ,film, hobbyist or professional, here https://witness.theguardian.com/assignment/54946dd1e4b019234074e515 .

"Whether it’s in new mindbending films, reruns of old-school classics or in the headlines – exciting or tragic – outer space is omnipresent, and more interesting than ever. Art has been taken up to space, inspired science fiction and even space exploration. Let’s take this moment to explore how the wonders of the universe have fed into your creativity. You can now contribute to our January theme, outer space.
Your chance to be exhibited in London and New York

Here are all the details about the exhibition:

The eligible artworks will be all those submitted in Readers’ art projects from January 2015 to July 2015.
Feel free to submit more than one artwork to the different assignments, but no more than one artwork per reader will be selected for the exhibition.
There is a maximum of three artworks per reader for each assignment. Therefore, we will only accept and publish the first three artworks submitted by a particular user to a given assignment.
Our art critics will select two or three artworks from each month’s entries.
The authors of the selected works will be contacted by the end of July with details.
We will exhibit high-resolution reproductions of the digital images submitted to the project through GuardianWitness. We will ask the selected readers to provide high-resolution files."

There are 26 days left, i already sent 3 spacescaping artworks from my gallery and everyone who wants to share some artworks ,can join for free :)

Post edited by cris333 on

Comments

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Just entered 3 myself. Whats your username on there so I can recommend you.

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited January 2015

Thank you orbital, my username on GuardianWitness on this artwork contest is cristi cristi.
    I have submitted 3 too , and from 156 posts my Uninhabitable Planets 2 is on 11th place (well i contributed 3 days ago :) )
    I/ve searched for "orbital" posts but didn't found them, i guess you are FutureVisions so i can recommend you too?

edited December 1969

cris333 said:
    Thank you orbital, my username on GuardianWitness on this artwork contest is cristi cristi.
    I have submitted 3 too , and from 156 posts my Uninhabitable Planets 2 is on 11th place (well i contributed 3 days ago :) )
    I/ve searched for "orbital" posts but didn't found them, i guess you are FutureVisions so i can recommend you too?

I found yours earlier, my Bryce eye spotted your one image. Yes future visions is me, apparently the use name orbital has been taken.
    Theres some really nice images on display so far.
    edited December 1969

super .
    How did i guessed your username ? :) Your artwork is the only recent digital art posted. Seems that there aren't many digital art posted there so far. Most of them are oil / acrylic canvas.
    Your posts are better than mine , your scenes are more complex which gives a plus of reality.
    By the way , did you know ,you can rate your art too, once :) If you click again it will cancel your own vote but you can apply it again.
    If anyone else share space artwork there, feel free to post here your username so me / we can vote. :) . It doesn't matter if it's complex or a light scene, made with bryce or Daz or Carrara , or Photoshop, or oil canvas.
    I'm so excited that i found this contest about space artworks.

I quote someone about this contest :

"What a wonderful opportunity for artists at all levels to share their works in whatever medium they prefer.

Why do we say "it's not the winning but the taking part that counts"? It's a phrase echoed by the founder of the Olympics, Baron Pierre de Coubertin, who said "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well."

edited December 1969

cris333 said:
    super .
    How did i guessed your username ? :) Your artwork is the only recent digital art posted. Seems that there aren't many digital art posted there so far. Most of them are oil / acrylic canvas.
    Your posts are better than mine , your scenes are more complex which gives a plus of reality.
    By the way , did you know ,you can rate your art too, once :) If you click again it will cancel your own vote but you can apply it again.
    If anyone else share space artwork there, feel free to post here your username so me / we can vote. :) . It doesn't matter if it's complex or a light scene, made with bryce or Daz or Carrara , or Photoshop, or oil canvas.
    I'm so excited that i found this contest about space artworks.

I quote someone about this contest :

"What a wonderful opportunity for artists at all levels to share their works in whatever medium they prefer.

Why do we say "it's not the winning but the taking part that counts"? It's a phrase echoed by the founder of the Olympics, Baron Pierre de Coubertin, who said "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well."

Do you ever go on Solar Voyager at all?
    edited January 2015

No, i don't know what is that but i googled and found that this is an website with sci-fi art.
    At first look i thought that is a poor website without pro to learn from but i found there some really epic artworks.
    This one got my attention, so epic :) :

Thank you for the website hint :)