Nivdia Iray preview and render issue

Hey,

I am having a type of behavior that is starting to become annoying and I think it's a daz3d bug. When I create a scene with one or two characters (genesis 8) with assets and so on, nothing too demanding, I preview in Iray, all good, and if I render it works. If I start rotating things or move it or do anything else and I want to see how it looks, I preview the Iray again but the screen stands as if loading and it never shows the Iray preview. The workaround for this is to exist Daz3D, close it from Processes (this is another issue that remains hanging on in processes even if I closed the application. It usually takes a few minutes to be automatically be closed in Processes) and load again. So for me to preview a few times I have to close daz3d from processes and load it again.

My specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
     Memory: 32768MB RAM
     Available OS Memory: 32720MB RAM
     DirectX Version: DirectX 12
     Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Display Memory: 24438 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8079 MB
    Shared Memory: 16359 MB   

Comments

• Has the preview dropped to CPU? I've not run into that recently, but it certainly was an issue, especially (for me) if I updated (applied new materials, changed the view) while it was still in the early stages of redrawing.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Has the preview dropped to CPU? I've not run into that recently, but it certainly was an issue, especially (for me) if I updated (applied new materials, changed the view) while it was still in the early stages of redrawing.

Yes, when loading the scene and when previewing, even if I disabled the CPU usage from the rendering tab. The thing is that this scene, and it's not even a big one as I said, if I loaded it with the public build, it crashes. If I run it with the other build (I think it's the beta/unofficial one) it doesn't crash but it simply stays in loading/dark screen when previewing and when trying to render, it just stops and delivers a black image as if I would try to render a complex scene. For this scene, I am using Michael's character with some dforce clothes that are not complex and the Sylvian one, as well with some dforce clothes. The scene where they are is not complex at all, because it is a rotula with a tree in the middle, and with torches that generate the light as well as a skydome. The skydome I've set the ground texture to 0, the lighting resolution to the default value. I mean, it is so frustrating that it does like this and now for a scene I can't find a workaround because it won't preview it or render it, using the resources from above.

• To me your environment seems complex enough for your setup. One thing you can do for preview purposes is to turn on the denoising options in the render settings when previewing in Iray, this makes things a lot faster since the renderer doesn't need to provide a sharp detailed preview off the bat.

• contact said:

To me your environment seems complex enough for your setup. One thing you can do for preview purposes is to turn on the denoising options in the render settings when previewing in Iray, this makes things a lot faster since the renderer doesn't need to provide a sharp detailed preview off the bat.

I don't know what to say. I removed the female model and added another one for this scene, so basically I had two models in the same setup and it worked now. There were scenes where I rendered in the same place, three genesis 8 characters and the preview worked and the render was done in HD resolution, with a max sample of 4000, in 1h.  I mean, its not my first time rendering scenes or complex scenes, but I stumble on this type of behavior where two genesis 8 characters are blocking my render. I don't know if it's due to the model itself, even tho I am trying to keep them at minimum with resources demanding, or simply it's a Daz3D issue.