Daz3d studio is not starting to instal

Hi,

I download both the DazCentral and Daz3DIM, I can't start the process of installing them, even if I run as administrator.

I tried to disable windows defender, but same problem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

DIM I found to be great for mass downloading and installing of content products, but the programs themselves tend to need to be manually installed, at least on this computer of mine. W10 stops exe files from running, it wants to call home and check that exe files are okay to run ... AND it wants confirmation from the computer person [me] to run the file. All of this I suspect is a little hard for the OS to do via DIM.

So, I would suggest downloading the file. But then run that installer manually. And next time you start DIM, tell it to ignore or whatever, the program.

Just my 2 cents.

• Don't try using Run as Adminsitrator, that will certainly not help. What is your operating system? What happens when you try to install?

• Catherine3678ab said:

DIM I found to be great for mass downloading and installing of content products, but the programs themselves tend to need to be manually installed, at least on this computer of mine. W10 stops exe files from running, it wants to call home and check that exe files are okay to run ... AND it wants confirmation from the computer person [me] to run the file. All of this I suspect is a little hard for the OS to do via DIM.

So, I would suggest downloading the file. But then run that installer manually. And next time you start DIM, tell it to ignore or whatever, the program.

Just my 2 cents.

manual installation of applications does not always work well with DIM for content. DIM will (or rather its helper app will) prompt the Dio you want to allow this to make changes dialogue, assuming you have UAC on, so there should be no issue in most cases.

Richard Haseltine said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Just my 2 cents.

manual installation of applications does not always work well with DIM for content. DIM will (or rather its helper app will) prompt the Dio you want to allow this to make changes dialogue, assuming you have UAC on, so there should be no issue in most cases.

My MO is to somehow download a program [normally manually but sometimes I have used DIM in the past for downloading the regular programs]. Because at the time, DIM simply could not install any exe program on my computer, I got in the habit of manually installing the program(s) ... and then let DIM install the mass of content. Then I uninstall DIM and manually download individual purchases. tbh - I'm rather surprized that DIM can install the beta programs on my computer ... but then I notice that they are not in the registry the same way as the regular programs so maybe the betas are not triggering the happy-go-lucky security of W10's wisdom here. Never has DIM ever triggered the permissions to download/install programs over here. Why I don't know. But then too if it's not W10, there's this AV called McAfee which does have a habit of holding up exe while it scans them, etc.

I'm not suggesting that my way is the best, it's just how it works over here ... and that's the name of game, get it all working lol ...

• Richard Haseltine said:

Don't try using Run as Adminsitrator, that will certainly not help. What is your operating system? What happens when you try to install?

My operation system is windows 10 64bit, when I double click the installers, the regular warning message from windows appears to confirm the installation, when I click install, nothing happens. I noticed that DAZ 32bit is running in performance profiler, but eventually it doesn't do anything. 

• Operation process in task manager: DazCentral_1.5.0.20_Win64.exe (32 bit)

I left the process operation overnight, and nothing still happens.

• Well, it's possible that there are leftovers from trying to use run As Adminsitrator that are blocking it - that is hard to check remotely.

Rebooting the computer then might help.

• I was more thinking files or fodlers with admin rights, which a regular application would not be able to access (I'm not sure that admin rights are the same as privileged isntallers rights, so granting permission may not be enough).

• Catherine3678ab said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Just my 2 cents.

My MO is to somehow download a program [normally manually but sometimes I have used DIM in the past for downloading the regular programs]. Because at the time, DIM simply could not install any exe program on my computer, I got in the habit of manually installing the program(s) ... and then let DIM install the mass of content. Then I uninstall DIM and manually download individual purchases. tbh - I'm rather surprized that DIM can install the beta programs on my computer ... but then I notice that they are not in the registry the same way as the regular programs so maybe the betas are not triggering the happy-go-lucky security of W10's wisdom here. Never has DIM ever triggered the permissions to download/install programs over here. Why I don't know. But then too if it's not W10, there's this AV called McAfee which does have a habit of holding up exe while it scans them, etc.

I'm not suggesting that my way is the best, it's just how it works over here ... and that's the name of game, get it all working lol ...

Well, the beta installation through DIM is the same as the general release instalaltion through DIM, so I suspect the difference was down to soemthing odd on your PC in the one version's folders or settings

Well that is interesting. And quite possible.