Football stadium and stuff

I know this might take a while to make but a football stadium would be cool. It can even be a modular set of sets for the PC members.

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

American Football or Soccer? Cause depending on the area of the world those two can often be mixed up.

• zombietaggerung said:

American Football or Soccer? Cause depending on the area of the world those two can often be mixed up.

The same set of low-res stands could be used for both.  You need different lines on the playing surface.  The goals and goalposts could be changed out as needed.  Maybe benches for the football sidelines and seating for soccer's technical area.  Maybe all the sideline advertising boards for soccer.   Billboard fans for the stands. In short, the same basic environment could be used with some props and surfaces changed on an as-needed basis. 

Hard for me to imagine ever wanting to load a complete stadium as an environment.  The stadium idea could work well in sections/components.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

rcourtri_789f4b1c6b said:

Hard for me to imagine ever wanting to load a complete stadium as an environment.  The stadium idea could work well in sections/components.

Maybe do something like The Colosseum, but updated by a couple of thousand years.

• chris-2599934 said:

rcourtri_789f4b1c6b said:

Maybe do something like The Colosseum, but updated by a couple of thousand years.

As in, do a modern football stadium that can be split up into pie-sections like that?  Or as in, take that specific, ancient Roman structure and replace the torches with electric lighting, add seat cushions, and stuff?  I'd actually buy the latter, since it WOULD work in Roman-Empire-Became-Starfaring sort of alternate-universe, or simply in a general, Greco-Roman-architecture space-opera setting, after all, some Raygun Gothic stuff isn't that far from GrecoRoman.

Then again, maybe he was talking about.... take the current, presnt-day ruins-of-the-Collosium structure and pie-slice THAT up into sections.

• Stadium, palace, factory, etc.: Really unusual for me to need an entire large-scale structure in the frame all at once.  It's just easier for me, and easier for my computer, to load and manipulate the only the elements of an environment needed given the position of the camera and the objects of interest.  Somebody who needs most or all of an environment can load more. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    I did suggest a modular version so they can be broken up in parts to be made cheaper maybe? Something like dream home but with it being a dream stadium instead. Maybe also with customized parts so user can make various stadiums?
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,066
    It is a heap of work. I have started an athletic ground freebie on Renderosity, and even that is not a simple exercise. And the foolish idea of having a non-DS life has slowed things down a lot...
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387

I did one and decided to table it before texturing cause it is just too big of an environment, even with making it modular. You will never be able to move around or get any good detail out of the environment or the figures all in one render. It's too wide open of a scene. I thought it would be a good idea but after modeling it and placing figures in the scene looking at things that may need added to I couldn't get any good angles on the characters that really show any amount of the environment. A human is so small compared to a field it's jsut not logical.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    I forgot about renderosity! Now to look up that password.