Sculpting high res detail using GoZ

Hi Everyone! 

I hope someone can help me with this... I want to start to develop assets that I will eventually bring to market here at Daz, to include clothing items, LIE Makeup/Body presets, Props and Characters.

I really want to bring a high level of detail to these items, specifically characters... My question is how do I sculpt high res details into the Daz Genesis 8.1 base figure?

I can use GoZ export it into ZBrush at the 'base' level to sculpt the major shapes and forms, I can export this out and create the character asset, but I really want to do highly detailed HD characters that take advantage of the 8.1 model, but when I export at a high res, do the sculpting, and try to import it back in I get a message that the mesh has changed. 

Anyone have any good suggestions? I really appreciate any and all assistance!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,159

Only PAs (published artists, i.e. the people what sell in the Daz store) have the ability to import high-res meshes as morphs for Daz figures.

• 4andyz4andyz Posts: 18

This is an old thread but actual for me. Any explanation why only PAs??? It looks like catch 22. How can I start selling if I can not offer what I want to produce. Kinda stupid? 

• 4andyz said:

This is an old thread but actual for me. Any explanation why only PAs??? It looks like catch 22. How can I start selling if I can not offer what I want to produce. Kinda stupid? 

Show what you can do with regular sculpting, or add displacement/normal maps baked from high resolution mesh.

edited July 2023

Nice to hear your advice. I intend to crate a line of non ideal humans, no Barbies, no Kens and no Monsters. I would like to see if there is any market for such creations here. See renders of two examples.

Where do I find rules of becoming PA? And technical rules of what can be used to create characters for sale to avoid infringing any copy rights of other creators?

Post edited by 4andyz on

That was helpful. Thank you.

One thing wich I miss is information which assets can I use freely in my potentily commercial products (if approved by DAZ) . For character creation: Genesis 9 base? Merchant resources sold by DAZ?

What else? Genesis 9 starter pack content like textures , maps etc.?

Thanks in advance for some guidlines.

• Only items sold as merchant resources, used in accordance with their individual terms.

I do not understand. Do I need to make my own rig and mesh ? How will I know if it will be compatible with G9? I was thinking that developer version of e.g. G9 was ment for creators as a base to construct on it by external morph creation in zbrush or similar, texturing etc. If this is not the case what  is this developer figure for ? What shell  I develop with it? Clothing perhaps? How do people make characters ? There is plenty of characters which are not made by DAZ studio. Can you please explain? 

• You can make morphs, yes, but you can't include/modify the base figue. If you are making a character you dsitribute your custom morphs,s ettings for stock morphs, and your custom maps and amterial settings.

So, I take eg G9 from developer kit, make morphs in zbrush on that figure, paint textures in photoshop etc. What I potentially sell are all the unique modifications I have made. Not the base figure itself?

How to understand "settings to stock morphs"?  Can I mix 100 purchased morphs to get the look I like, send it to OBJ, reimport as single morph and call it "my morph"?

lets say I made a character I would like to promote. It has no hair, no clothes, just the body.
    How do I make promotional photos ? Can I use assets I purchased from DAZ or do I need to fabricate all myself ?

• 4andyz said:

So, I take eg G9 from developer kit, make morphs in zbrush on that figure, paint textures in photoshop etc. What I potentially sell are all the unique modifications I have made. Not the base figure itself?

How to understand "settings to stock morphs"?  Can I mix 100 purchased morphs to get the look I like, send it to OBJ, reimport as single morph and call it "my morph"?

No (and you wouldn't want to as that would lose all the links to joint adjustments and corrective morphs). You would need to list the pack(s) from which the morphs came as required products, and include a Shaping preset to aply those and your own custom sculting.

lets say I made a character I would like to promote. It has no hair, no clothes, just the body.
    How do I make promotional photos ? Can I use assets I purchased from DAZ or do I need to fabricate all myself ?

Yes, you should be able to use anything that allows commercial use in the creation of promo images - which would be almost everything from Daz and most of the other stores.