Wolfgang 8.1 Reaction thread

Comments

• CerragCerrag Posts: 242

Me too, on getting the previous pirate bundles and even got the Zale Megabundle but didn't have any banner for a discount on Wolfgang.  I figured Daz was trying to get/force me to buy the SeasonPass.  What a bummer some of us didn't get a discount banner already and I wonder when this happens, is there anyone we can contact to get a discount?  Lately it feels like Daz couldn't care less about their older customers on these new product releases.  I wonder too if whoever is responsible for the discounts/marketing/etc even looks at the forums to see what their customers are saying or if they even care since they're probably making so much money these days (I can imagine anyway).  I will give them a Kudos tho for the time they were handing out those store credits awhile back!  As a long term member, those things made my day lol!  ... but still, I'd like a discount on the Wolfgang bundle dangit.  frown

gerster said:

doubledeviant said:

There is a banner for Wolfgang:

"You've stocked your library with aquatic-themed bundles, and now's the time to add a pirate into the mix. Enjoy an EXTRA 20% OFF the Wolfgang 8.1 High Seas Bundle."

Presumably referencing the recent Zale merfolk bundles and/or the Sahira and Valentino pirate bundles. Price with banner is $47.42.

Neither the character nor the bundle deal are exciting me. It is cool to see a DO pirate ship - that's overdue.

I got the first Zale bundle, also having Sahira and Valentino bundle and didn't got any discount 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Rod Wise Driggo said:

ioonrxoon said:

Definitely not for Valentino/Sahira, I have those and all the other pirate theme bundles except some bits of Skull Island Bundle (which isn't part of the bundles sale today, strangely enough - could have been a good opportunity to complete that one). Must be a combo of fishfolk stuff released lately.

You should take a look on the "Return to Treasure Island Bundle". Think this was also not listed but I put it in the cart anyhow. Got it for $1.91 having only one product (a texture) missing. In any case the RoTIB does contain all products from the Skull Island Bundle IMO so you might be able to complete your bundle that way.

By the way: Why name that pirate Wolfgang? Was there any famous pirate with that name? If using a German name, why not name hin "Klaus" (Störtebecker)?

I already have Return, Skull Island has some exclusive characters and an outfit not available in the other bundles. I'm only missing Ursula, Waverly & Ruby siege outfit. Your probably confusing it with Walk the Plank Pirate Bundle, that's the one with the same items as Return.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited July 2021

I like the base figure, especially the head, skin and brows. Not a huge fan of the body. It is a bit square. I thought Zale was sort of blocky as well. There is also something about him that resembles Ollie from some angles. 

The pirate theme is overdone and some of the outfits seem low quality to me.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906

Man, I totally dig pretty much everything in the bundle, but only seven items for sixty bucks? Pro bundles would get you like ten or eleven items for around forty-two. I'll just get things as I go. Butit all looks wonderful. 

• The banner qualification has been queried.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,940
    edited July 2021

I really don't buy any male characters as I use nearly exclusive women characters but this sculpt looks interesting... If I do use male characters I usually create my own sculpts.

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

The banner qualification has been queried.

and updated, you may now have it if you purchased the Zale 8.1 sets.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

yes, banner is working now

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I caved and bought the base and HD. I can't resist a good character actor male. This is Wolfgang 60% and Torment 70% and then full Wolfgang HD

60 Wolfgang 70 Torment.jpg
    1725 x 1423 - 893K
    Wolfgang HD.jpg
    1725 x 1423 - 854K
  • CerragCerrag Posts: 242

I have the orange banner now and Thank you!!  smiley

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The banner qualification has been queried.

and updated, you may now have it if you purchased the Zale 8.1 sets.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I like the looks of Wolfgang - I've wishlisted him and the HD add on for later. Not interested in the bundle in the slightest, however I will say that it's good to NOT see a filler expression pack. I think the price is a bit high for what you get, although on the other hand, 7 items for $60 makes each item roughly $8 something each, which isn't bad. Not for those who have to convert to their currency of course, it's way out of my price range once I do that. I think I may be coming around to the "smaller bundle" idea tho - less chance of ending up with items you don't want and will never use. 

I do wish they'd start bundling the core figure plus the HD add on together, with a good pricing tho. I'm positive the "normal" promo images of Wolfgang on his page have used the HD add on so he won't look that "defined" when you use the figure on its own. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

jakiblue said:

I do wish they'd start bundling the core figure plus the HD add on together, with a good pricing tho.

Me too. I would've gone for a Season Pass again IF it had worked out to $30 per CoreFigure/HD. That turned out to be a money saver last SP.

He is an exceptional morph and skin. This is the type of quality I'd like from all Core Figure males. He and Zale and Torment give me hope. Mada & Shox-Design are top-of-the-line as usual, but I don't need or want more pirate gear. I'll get Wolfie & his HD, and I'll wait for that hair I like to be released. Cool renders, Silent Winter, @Sid, & @AllenArt, and thank you! 

edited July 2021

This dude's face is craggy! I find it kinda fun ;). I can think of lots of uses for him...criminal, comic relief, drill sergeant, etc. This is full HD.

Wolfgang HD craggy 2.jpg
    1725 x 1912 - 2M
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • HorusRa said:

Everyone remember when we would get 11 items or so in a bundle? With this one we get 7 for $59.27, or whatever discount they are giving on the side. Too expensive. Pass! Nice looking character though.
    Think I will go over to Metropolis Comics and Collectibles and invest in a comic book.

Thank you! It has been difficult to be as excited in the new bundle style....I miss the pro-packs and all the hype surrounded them.
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

I can think of lots of uses for him...criminal, comic relief, drill sergeant,

Nahhh.... that is too easy.  Try honing your daz-fu by casting him as the main romantic lead...  and making it work!

Chumly said:

Nahhh.... that is too easy.  Try honing your daz-fu by casting him as the main romantic lead...  and making it work!

laugh 

• Chumly said:

Honestly, it's easy to make him a romantic lead. Just turn down his body a bit and mix in someone like Dain or Alistair to about 60% and he looks amazing

edited July 2021

Mixed with Ollie here. Sort of an Ichabod Crane character ;).

Laurie

Ichabod.jpg
    1650 x 2500 - 3M
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Yes! I can see the beginnings of Abe Lincoln there too! Twelve score and five years ago.... 

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 326

Uhh, I love this character. And would he be a G8 he would be part of my collection already.  And someone over at DAZ should fix their algorithm to identify who gets which banner. I got a banner with a 10% discount b/c I "just" started my G8.1 Bundle collection. Yeah, a good algorithm had recognized that I'm not started a collection but avoid G8.1 Bundles in general. They are badly designed for my needs and therefore I save money by purchasing just the products I need for a certain project, like Wolfgang later this year. xD

• sidsid Posts: 400

AllenArt said:

Laurie

That is a great mix! 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

Sorry Daz, I really don't mean to sound ungrateful here (although it has been a tough night). But I could've done with the banner when Kota was released. He would've been an insta-buy. Wolfgang really isn't my cup of tea.

Apologies, and thanks for the banner. 

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    N_R Arts said:

Sorry Daz, I really don't mean to sound ungrateful here (although it has been a tough night). But I could've done with the banner when Kota was released. He would've been an insta-buy. Wolfgang really isn't my cup of tea.

Apologies, and thanks for the banner. 

Yeah, thanks DAZ for the orange banner too. But I am on a tight budget and have already put too many 1.99 items in my cart... you know they are simply irresistible
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I too got an orange banner today. To get a good deal I have to buy something for which there was no banner. So the loyalty reward only goes so far. I am wr=eighing this up, but it looks like 'too little, too late'. 

• Yeah, I'm re-thinking this one with the orange banner...

The original Wolfgang bundle? Not enough there to be worth it.

This new bundle allows you to throw in a Genesis 8 bundle, a "free" add-on? (In Season 1, the HD came with the season pass... but I guess that would be my pick here.)
    Much closer to buying into this one than the other one.

I really only want the Corsican Raider outfit from the first bundle, so maybe that might end up in the cart...

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

Yeah, today's bundle is a better deal. But I am not willing to to spend $86 on both Wolfgang Bundles nor $44 just for the Scallywag Bundle. I have so much stuff purchased and waiting to be used in my library that I can live without this pirate for some more months. Let's see what Jinx Jones will bring.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

Some nice things in the bundle and with the free character bundle and other free items, they got me again.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

It's rare that I don't pick up pirate wardrobe. I do a lot of kinda-sorta historical illos and it's not often you find things for the 17-18 century that *isn't* pirate themed.

Plus, it usually comes in  pieces suitable for kit-bashing.

• Kaye KayeKaye Kaye Posts: 210
    edited July 2021

The orange banner got me...

wolfgang81-1.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by Kaye Kaye on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited July 2021

I like his face

wolfgan1.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 787K
    Post edited by j cade on