Smart content not working

I can't get any of my products to appear in the smart content window!

Comments

• Do you get a warning about a PostgreSQL connection being required when you start Daz Studio? Do the categories or Products containers in the Content Library pane work, or the Presets tabs in any proeprty pane?

• jodycourjodycour Posts: 137
    No I don't get any notifications at all! There is absolutely nothing in any of the sections they are all blank!
  • Can you find your content in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats? If not then either the path settings have been changed or the folder location itself has changed (if it's on an external drive make sure it still has the correct drive letter assigned).

It's in the product folder!

My product does show up in the product file. But it does not show up in the smart content window pane!

• OK, along the bottom of the Smart Content pane there is a series of buttons for the install state - All is everything, installed is isntalled, updates is things with updates, and pending is things which are being downloaded or are queued for download - which is selected?

The All button is highlighted!
  • What happens if you uncheck Filter By selection, assuming it is currently checked?

Where do you uncheck the filter? I don't see anything that allows me to do that!
  • NadalinaNadalina Posts: 23
    edited July 2021

I have same issue. When I uncheck Filter by content, everything is there, but when I select figure or something else and check Filter by context, products are not showing up.

Post edited by Nadalina on

Nothing shows up at all in my smart content window pane at all no matter what I click on even if type in a product name that I know is downloaded in my product file in the search field window!

• The Filter By Selection box is at bottom left of the Smart Content pane.

Do you have any categories listed down the left hand side of the pane?

Richard Haseltine said:

The Filter By Selection box is at bottom left of the Smart Content pane.

Do you have any categories listed down the left hand side of the pane?

In the Smart content window pane down at the bottom left corner is the tips and info tab.

In the info tab it says no selection. In the tip it talks about by default everything is selected.

Just above that are several tab selections the first one is selected on All, then it lists as you scroll to the right: Installed, Available, Updates, Pending

But nothing that I click on shows me any of my products!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

Not to overplay the obvious, but is "All Products" or "All Files" selected (on the top left), or are there any categories under "Default"? Something there has to be selected to see any results.

All is selected!

Not the "All" at the bottom, "All Products" or "All Files" top left.

SC_no selection.jpg
    914 x 516 - 93K
    SC_all products.jpg
    909 x 517 - 204K
  • FelixFFDSFelixFFDS Posts: 41

Thanks!  Your reply and screenshots gave me the hint to solve my problem!

Inmy case, I had an errant "compatibility base" issue.  Deleting that entry solved my issue.

FelixFFDS said:

Thanks!  Your reply and screenshots gave me the hint to solve my problem!

Inmy case, I had an errant "compatibility base" issue.  Deleting that entry solved my issue.

Might I ask which CompatibilityBase that was, and which product was causing it? There are still a couple floating around that have not been corrected, causing this problem more than once.

edited July 2021

I didn't want to hijack this thread, but got impatient waiting for solution. So I am posting screenshots of my issue with Smart content, maybe it will help author of thread too. There are products for G8 Female, but they are not showing up when I check Filter by context. Hopefully you will see it from screenshots (if I manage to post images correctly).

Edit: Currently looks that it is only happening when I select G8 Female, I am almost sure it was happening with some other products but I can't remember which anymore.

Filter checked.jpg
    2560 x 1392 - 378K
    Filter unchecked.jpg
    2560 x 1388 - 397K
    Post edited by Nadalina on

It could be the same type of problem as the previous post, CompatibilityBase might have been re-defined. With G8F selected, can you check the Scene Identification (right-click on Scene tab -> Edit -> Scene Identification)? In the dialog, there is a field called CompatibilityBase. It should be "/Genesis 8/Female". If not, what is it?

It is /Genesis 8/Female. It's getting late here, I will check new messages tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help, NorthOf45.

Check the compatibility setting for a known G8F-compatible product to see if it is actually set to be compatible with G8F. From the Content Library, go to a folder with, say, clothing, or characters. Right click the folder to edit the metadata. Select an item in the list, and select the Compatibility tab in the lower half. There ahould be an entry under the item for Genesis 8/Female. This is how the link from the base figure to add-on item is made for Smart Content. It would take something high up the food chain to steal it away from all products related to a figure, like Genesis 8 Female.

Thanks! I tried some characters, clothing and poses. All of them have /Genesis 8/Female in Compatibility tab. Really weird... probably I just switched off something by mistake.

Okay, let's back up a step. The typical workaround has been to re-install Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials to re-establish the CompatibilityBase. Try that and see what happens. Note that it doesn't correct the root of the problem, some character might have redefined it, but that is done with metadata, so if you don't re-install that character, it won't come back.

I reinstalled G8F Starter Essentials, it still doesn't work. Recently I installed some characters from Renderosity with Content Wizard, maybe I messed something up with them. I will try to reinstall them too tomorrow and let you know if that resolved this problem.

Yesterday I reinstalled from Smart content, probably it wasn't good idea. Today I used Install Manager to uninstall G8F, then installed again and looks that it works now! Before I did that, I deleted some characters I installed recently, but it didn't work either, so I guess it wasn't a problem. Thank you so much for your help, NorthOf45, it was driving me crazy!

Glad that you worked it out. If you always use DIM, don't ever mix installing with DAZ Connect. It installs to a different location and always takes precedence. It has been the source of no small amount of frustration for many who use it. If you never install anything from within Studio, don't even log in, there is no benefit to it.

Yes, I'm always using DIM, I logged out immediately after reading your post. :) Thanks again!

edited August 2021

NorthOf45 said:

When I click on the those tabs the file tab or the product tap that you show in your picture absolutely nothing happens it does give me the options that your screen attachment shows on the left! there is now arrow there to click on that gives me the option of choosing that default tab!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited August 2021

jodycour said:

NorthOf45 said:

When I click on the those tabs the file tab or the product tap that you show in your picture absolutely nothing happens it does give me the options that your screen attachment shows on the left! there is now arrow there to click on that gives me the option of choosing that default tab!

Okay, maybe it's time for a screenshot or two. Can you provide something like Nadalina's that shows the Smart Content Pane, the Viewport and the Scene tab? Have a figure loaded and selected, select "All" at the bottom and the All Products heading on the left in Smart Content.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on