Arlene Hair Issues

How do i fix the white dot in the Arlene hair piece shown in the render below, i have tried many settings, tried changing the subD levels in parameters, tried turning down glossy and reflectivity in surfaces whats the trick to get this hair piece to render fully, is it some type of setting you can adjust like you would show a Dforce hair piece in viewport mode?

Arlene hair.jpg
2400 x 1280 - 2M

Comments

• It looks as if you have the ehadlamp on, and providing a lot of the scene's illumination, so surfaces facing the camera get strong highlights. I am not, however, seeing a single, distinct white dot in the hair so I'm not quite sure what you are looking at.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

I forgot about the headlamp it does give off some funny light sometimes.

I tried setting up again and i still get the same effect so it must be the headlamp. why does the healamp do this to certain hair pieces?

Arlene hair 1.19 seconds.jpg
    2400 x 1280 - 2M

Turns out it's not the headlmap anyway here is two sample pics one with head lmap on and one without, still get the same square pixels on the finer parts of the hair, i can see them on my 50 inch screen, i haven't even put this in 4k or 8k or 16k the file would be too big too post, this is just a 2400 x 1280 frame if your using a smaller resolution screen you may not see the dots i refer too, the dots are worse in higher resolution where the picture is much larger and higher detail.

First pic with no headlamp took 57 seconds to render, second pic with headlmap on took 5 minutes 42 seconds to render, obviously the headlamp adds too render time for no apparent reason leaving the figure washed out with light. 

Arlene Hair No headlamp 57 seconds.jpg
    2400 x 1280 - 1M
    Arlene Hair headlamp on 5 minutes 42 seconds.jpg
    2400 x 1280 - 1M
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,643

I think you might be experiencing a glitch in transparency in the version of Iray that DS 4.15 uses, someone else was as well and they got some help in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/465896/hair-renders-with-weird-glitches-could-really-use-some-advice

edited July 2021

zombietaggerung said:

I think you might be experiencing a glitch in transparency in the version of Iray that DS 4.15 uses, someone else was as well and they got some help in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/465896/hair-renders-with-weird-glitches-could-really-use-some-advice

Thanks you helped a great deal here and solved my issue.

You need to reduce the SSS amount to zero in surfaces to get rid of that pixelation in the Arlene hair piece.

The pose is just a quick pose so some parts are still poking through bits here & there but you get the jist here lowering the SSS to zero works, seems to be a 4.15 issue.

Render below 1 minute 13 seconds and the hair works perfect with SSS in surfaces turned off.

There always seems to be one or two settings that need to be adjusted with content rarely do i find anything just sits perfectly first go usually something lacks morphs or the light is bad or some setting needs turning on or off for it to work properly with what your doing.

Arlene Hair 1.13 seconds No surface SSS.jpg
    2400 x 1280 - 2M
    Post edited by Cenobite on