What is this hair?

Sharon HD for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female | Daz 3D

Does anybody know the name of the hairstyle in the main image to the left of the page?

Comments

• I'd love to know that too!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Just PM Mousso, she is on the forums

• And if you find out, please post the response here.

I just asked Mousso and they said this "Its the Ethel hair. I just inverted it (x scale -100) and hid the other half. I adjusted the parting to align with the original hair in zbrush."

https://www.daz3d.com/ethel-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-female

basically it's two copies on the hair and some custom movement for fullness.

• Wildman oSWildman oS Posts: 121

How does one invert just the x-scale?

In my parameters tab I only see a 'scale' which simply does what it says, and increases or decreases the size of the whole object.

Wildman oS said:

How does one invert just the x-scale?

In my parameters tab I only see a 'scale' which simply does what it says, and increases or decreases the size of the whole object.

You need to enable show hidden properties in the little icon to the upper right of the pane. if you look underneath the scale slider, there are 3 more sliders where the x,y,z, sliders are located, but not labeled

• Wildman oSWildman oS Posts: 121
    edited August 2021

EXCELLENT!!

That is such a useful option, especially so with hair.

Thank you

Post edited by Wildman oS on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited August 2021

I wanted to post this here to show it is possible to do with the tools we have in DS, not quite as gorgeous and full on the side but this did not take me very long using Mesh Grabber.  I really should have spent more time and made it look better but I did not want it to be exactly like Mousso. 

Big Thank You to Mousso for sharing and to FSMCDesigns for getting in touch with her.  Also for the -100 trick never thought to try that!!

GeorginaCloseupTM082021.jpg
    3028 x 1924 - 4M
    Post edited by Daventaki on

Nice one Daventaki, I like the lighting. I keep thinking about getting meshgrabber, but I have gotten so used to deformers, they have become second nature. One day though.

• PP Posts: 36

I was about to ask the same question...thnaks for the reply :-)