The We Will Miss You, Chohole Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

N_R Arts said:

I get up late, and spend most of the evening inside the "smallest room" in the house.

Now I'm picturing Harry Potter's "cupboard under the stairs", but with better lighting and fewer owls. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,720
    kyoto kid said:
    I went to check that out and it said I already own it.

Complaint: Zombie Apocalypse Beach Jeeps

In case you aren't aware of what I'm referring to... and I really hope you aren't subject to these nincompoops too... it's a Jeep, usually a Jeep Rubicon or whatever that other "trail rated" Jeep is now, that's been fitted with around $25,000 worth of additional useless crap that the owner will never use, but probably thinks that they will always be prepared for the unlikely event a zombie apocalypse breaks out while they are sitting on the beach... plus the vehicle usually has at least a dozen decals on it indicating it's a zombie apocalypse/biohazard/undead-mobile... 

I dunno... this is Long Island... if you need two 8 gallon jerrycans mounted to your front fenders, in addition to the 10 gallon one mounted to your spare... I  don't think you know how to read a fuel gauge... that, or you just aren't doing something right... if you live in Colorado, yeah I get that... but if you live here, it's just stupid.

Thats fine, whatever floats your boat, I get it, you wanna be Claire Redfield or Leon Kennedy and that's how you LARP, I love it... 

But...

Keep your effing beach buggy off the roads.

Why?

Well, it's not just the incredibly loud whirring noise your dumb sand tire make...

It's because the stupid off road sand tires that stick out a foot past the body are a hazard to other drivers when your LARP-mobile runs over a rock and sends it flying through my friggin windshield (or in this case denting the A-pillar)... not to mention when you drive that clown car in the rain sending up clouds of water, obscuring vision for everyone on the road.

Theres a reason tires are not allowed to stick out past the fenders, and that's just two of the most important reasons it's illegal.

Before you say "you should call the cops on them", I'll stop you there, because the po-po around here don't give a rat's pink arse about drunk drivers careening around the highway dragging the burning sparking remains of their front rim*, let alone someone with dangerous tires.

But... if your zombie hunter beach Jeep is not a hazard to life and limb of others, I applaud your life choices, they are certainly interesting if not amusing... otherwise keep that shnit off the road.

Gaghrrr.

* One of my many "disappointed with the authorities" stories... I followed a drunk driver for twenty miles one night while he repeatedly drove off the road, hit the guardrail, ran other cars off the road, and eventually hit a curb hard enough to blown out his front left tire, yet he continued to drive on the sparking, burning rim (past a police car issuing another driver a ticket) until the rim fell apart leaving him to drive another five miles on the A-arm and remains of the brake assembly... albeit, much slower. Mind you, this involved several calls to 911, who was rather annoyed I called more than once despite the fact the guy was clearly an extreme danger to everyone and I was updating his location. 
    Long story short, nobody ever showed up and when the drunk finally pulled over, presumably in front of his house I made one more call to 911 to inform them of the location and I sat there for twenty minutes or so and gave up... a few blocks later I found a po-po mobile parked in literally the most cliche location possible and gave the info to the fellow sitting in it, who didn't show any interest in the incident and remained there filling out some forms on a clipboard... no "thanks", no "I'll get right on that", just "okay" and a vaguely "hmmm... interesting... too bad" sorta expression.
    But yeah, shnit happens, I guess we all have our driving on a flaming front wheel moment I suppose, so it's all good.

That's not my worst story either, but I'm more annoyed at the dent in my a-pillar at the moment and will cease complaining about other semi-non-related issues.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2021

they sited sharks at Jones beach.  a life guard was bit.  lived to tell the tail

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/07/27/shark-sighted-off-jones-beach-day-after-lifeguard-was-bitten/

Post edited by Mistara on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591

...indeed another very worthy rant.

We have those here as well, some painted flat black with the intake snorkel coming out of the front (as if they'll drive it underwater).   Another type are those massive 4-door diesel pickups almost as long as a city bus, that are jacked up incredibly high with similar tyres (sometimes "dualies" on the back) which are all customised, shiny, and won't see as much as a 2x4 or couple bags of Quickcrete™ loaded in the bed,   Loud, smelly, and they take up way too much room on many of the narrow streets we have  here in Portland. 

At least here in the city, owners who detune them to belch out thick clouds of black smoke they think looks "macho".

...speaking of smoke.  Woke up today to wildfire smoke high up in the air.  We dodged it for nearly a month but the wind patterns have changed with the current heat wave we are experiencing (fortunately not as bad as the one in the end of June).. Looking to the Southeast it is thicker and heavier though hasn't descended to ground level (yet).  

Red flag warnings have been posted for the southern and eastern environs of the metro area and heavier smoke is moving more north and westward.

In spite of this, it's still going to be around 100° here today.

edited July 2021
    I meant is this good?
    Screenshot_20210730-165220.png
    480 x 854 - 102K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've been wanting to go to the beach for a while but something always comes up; so I just buy DAZ beach products instead. 

My back hurts and a headache is forming. Not sure why.

nonesuch00 said:

I've been wanting to go to the beach for a while but something always comes up; so I just buy DAZ beach products instead. 

..I miss going to the Oregon Coast as there is no more bus service there and i don't drive.  

Why do I want to go to bed so early?

kyoto kid said:

nonesuch00 said:

..I miss going to the Oregon Coast as there is no more bus service there and i don't drive.  

it isnt a big loss of revenue for the state?  there isnt a ny state park, i can think of,  what doesnt charge fees. 

edited July 2021

Mystiara said:

kyoto kid said:

nonesuch00 said:

it isnt a big loss of revenue for the state?  there isnt a ny state park, i can think of,  what doesnt charge fees. 

Me neither... but, if you go in the evening, most are free... in the summer it's not bad, because after 5 PM all the stupid tourists have gone home or to dinner... then you get the beach to yourself... and all the sharks you can hug.

Actually, this year I finally bought an "Empire Pass"... I thought it allowed free access to the Death Star, but it turned out to be a state park pass... one payment and then you can visit any of the state parks with no charge, entrance or parking.

I really wanted to drive an AT-AT though... oh well.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,518

Sfariah said:

Early?... It's 2:30AM already, and I'm going to regret being up at this time when the vacation ends... 

PerttiA said:

Sfariah said:

Early?... It's 2:30AM already, and I'm going to regret being up at this time when the vacation ends... 

You are way behind, its 7:30 PM here already...

Yes, clearly I don't understand time zones, but I also have no idea what today's date is... Julgustember 41?… I'm not good with months either.

McGyver said:

Mystiara said:

kyoto kid said:

nonesuch00 said:

Me neither... but, if you go in the evening, most are free... in the summer it's not bad, because after 5 PM all the stupid tourists have gone home or to dinner... then you get the beach to yourself... and all the sharks you can hug.

Actually, this year I finally bought an "Empire Pass"... I thought it allowed free access to the Death Star, but it turned out to be a state park pass... one payment and then you can visit any of the state parks with no charge, entrance or parking.

I really wanted to drive an AT-AT though... oh well.

is that anything like a taun taun?  i heard they smelly 

my pointsetta from last christmas is still hanging on to her last leaves.  its a lil christmas in july miracle

doh

now i'm thinking all kinda of naughty not nice things about mirachle whip.

still trying to figure out which new release has anything to do with christmas.  or is that the joke?

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

McGyver said:

N_R Arts said:

I get up late, and spend most of the evening inside the "smallest room" in the house.

Now I'm picturing Harry Potter's "cupboard under the stairs", but with better lighting and fewer owls. 

Harry Potter passed me by, but I do know what you're referring to. The lighting is brilliant, but the size is ridiculous (in our bathroom, that is). 

kyoto kid said:

https://www.daz3d.com/little-corner-room

That's it! XD 

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's bigger than our bathroom. :/

Sfariah said:

I went to check that out and it said I already own it.

Same here. I can't remember buying it (I've just checked, apparently it was in a PC+ MegaPack last year).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Devil May Cry OC Lego Minifigure arrived today. I was pleased with her. My Mum said it was an insult to my OC. I don't know what my Mum was expecting. It's a Lego figure!

I think it's going to take sometime for me to get used to these "new" albums. My Chemical Romance is much more difficult to to "take in", than what Duran Duran is (personally).

I hope I don't fall asleep cleaning my teeth... :/

edited July 2021

Mystiara said:

kyoto kid said:

nonesuch00 said:

...no there's no entry fee to use the beaches at the coast as they are not state or national parks.but instead considered "public spaces". 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,188
    edited July 2021

Sfariah said:

I meant is this good?

It punches all my buttons.  10th gen I7 CPU, 32GB RAM, Full HD display, 6GB Nvidia GTX-1660 graphics, 2TB M.2 Nvme SSD storage.  The CPU clock is a little slow but power needs and heat generation were a consideration for its use in a laptop.  If it were a reasonable price and not a laptop I'd be interested.   The GTX-1660 graphics chip is fine for small DAZ Studio IRay scenes.  I used one for a while until I was able to upgrade to an 8GB RTX-3060.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Sfariah said:

I meant is this good?

It punches all my buttons.  10th gen I7, 32GB RAM, Full HD display,, 6GB Nvidia GTX-1660 graphics, 2TB M.2 Nvme SSD storage.   If it were a reasonable price and not a laptop I'd be interested. 

Not sure about price being reasonable but it is a laptop.

I have an issue trying to figure out reasonable prices for stuff. Is 5k a reasonable price for a car? No clue. No the laptop isn't 5k but much less.

edited July 2021

nonesuch00 said:

That's been my approach to a maxi-adventure.  I've been longing to take a long auto trip to Florida and Disney World and Universal Studios again.  However..., pandemic, cash flow, and no car makes it a bit difficult.  So, I've been watching long YouTube clips that are simply DashCam videos of people driving their car through various cities that I'm familiar with.  And live videocasts from DisneyWorld and Universal Studios.  I just pop a bag of popcorn, toot a doobie or have a shot of brandy, sit back in my recliner, watch the 42" TV just  5 feet from my face, and relax without having to worry about the idiots driving the other cars on the road, or having to deal with parking and entry fee expense and the heat and fatigue of walking the amusement parks.  I particularly like the videocasts where the cameraman doesn't try to narrate, and keeps his mouth shut and lets us listen to the crowd.  Being a voyeur is almost as much fun as actually being there except for a smack upside the head by reality when I think about lunch and can't just pop into the next "Wendy's" (Mmmm... chocolate Frosty) on the road, or not being able to get a great meal at one of the finer restaurants in Disney or Universal.

Sfariah said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah said:

I have an issue trying to figure out reasonable prices for stuff. Is 5k a reasonable price for a car?

In general... not really.

It really depends on the condition of the car, the age and the mileage... even what state you are in could effect the price... A $5K car in the New York metro area could be a fairly low end piece of crap, while in a more rural area it could be a decent, but higher mileage vehicle...
    One thing that's probably worth noting is that what used to be considered "High mileage" is not the same as in years past... most cars are designed to exceed 100K miles with far less maintenance... the caveat being that the repairs, should something break, are much higher and require more work and technical expertise. 
    I used to do all my own maintenance and was fully capable of tearing down an engine, but with the introduction of advanced onboard computer controls, intricate electronics and super tight engine compartments, I don't even bother anymore... I had a car a few years back that they literally had to drop the engine out of to change the spark plugs... and that's now more often the rule than the exception... that used to be a minor maintenance thing that you could do in like fifteen minutes with a handful of tools... now it's an hour long, two man ordeal which pretty much can only be done in a shop or with shop equipment... so you probably can see how that can change the costs of even minor repairs.

If you are considering a used car, one thing to think about is if it's a cheaper, perhaps older vehicle that's in your price range, avoid cars with too many accoutrements and gimmicky features... they may be great to have, but these little things are always the first things to die and often they create other problems... for a cheap used car, the less luxury features the better.

That having been said, it's actually kind of hard to find cars that aren't loaded with luxury features... the days of manual crank windows and VW Beetle grade utilitarian interiors are long over... now every car has 9,000 cup holders and heated digital electronic everythings.

Also, unless you are buying from an individual, know the "lemon laws" in your state (or whatever state you buy in) and be cautious buying from dealers and be aware of your rights and their obligations before buying.

Also... because of the pandemic, used car prices have gone bonkers, so $5K probably isn't going to buy anything near what it did pre-pandemic... hell, I wouldn't be surprised if a deal would slap a $8K price tag on a car that's on fire and tout it as a "self warming" feature.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

McGyver said:

Can we attach OBJ and MTL files?

I made this and I was wondering if I can attach it here in case anyone wants to use it...

The OBJ is 2.8 MB and the MTL is 275 bytes... the diffuse map is 396 kb and the normal map is 1.6 MB...

The textures are an approximation of the the ones portrayed in Chohole's iconic avatar image... actually the whole thing is a lame approximation... and it was semi-auto unwrapped in 3D coat... the textures and scale would need to be adjusted in Studio as it's settings are whatever the hell 3D Coat exports them as.

Sad to hear about Chohole.  sad 

I recall she refered to her stick as a cudgel, not a shillelagh..

edited July 2021

Sfariah said:

I found a cheap SUV. https://www.daz3d.com/land-adventurer-suv

Nice vehicle.  Perfect for putting oversized sand tires on and spraying rocks at other cars.  And it is cheap.  However, it's not completely functional for human travel. indecision

Sfariah said:

I found a cheap SUV. https://www.daz3d.com/land-adventurer-suv

Nice vehicle.  Perfect for putting oversized sand tires on and spraying rocks at other cars.  And it is cheap.  However, it's not completely functional for human travel. indecision

I haven't gotten it yet but maybe soon. I bet Victoria 8.1 would look lovely in that SUV.
    Wait! Another vehicle product without poses to help start set the scene!
    edited July 2021

Non-complaint:  Wheee..., I finally was able to upgrade the BIOS on my baby-bear computer.  Finally found the three little words cleverly hidden in the motherboard's user's manual that identified the correct USB port to be used in conjunction with the Asus "BiosFlashback" method of forcing a BIOS update.  Couple of other hoops to jump through too, but once I had the correct BIOS file downloaded, unzipped, name changed, USB stick formatted with FAT32, and the stick stuck into the correct USB port it worked just like the manual said it would in all the bits and pieces of that information scattered throughout the f'n manual.indecision 

Yay!  Perhaps now it will behave a little better and might even resolve my dual monitor unstableness (see earlier post).  Wheee...smiley

The motherboard, an Asus "TUF Gaming B450M-Plus-II" is the one that I was forced to buy along with my RTX-3060 graphics card (that was put into my papa-bear DAZing machine) after winning in a "NewEgg Shuffle" lottery.  If I wanted that 3060 at near MSRP (i.e. nearly unobtainium) I had to buy the motherboard too.angry  It came new and I eventually sucessfully built a functional machine out of it.  But when I realized that it might need a BIOS update I discovered that its BIOS version was WAY behind.  It came with BIOS version #0309 and the current version is #3202.  So, perhaps the motherboard was really old stock gathering dust on the shelves and NewEgg used the lottery to clean off their shelves.

This discussion has been closed.