A Quick Question

mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,388
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I downloaded a few of this year’s Daz freebies which had obj. files like the Pond Builders, Tanky and Bus stop. I don’t use Daz nor Poser; is there any way to apply the textures/materials that came with the file in Bryce or is it better to just apply materials from the Bryce libraries. I tried using the picture option in the Material Lab but the materials don't look right.

Thanks

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I vary with how I deal with things. Some I use the jpg itextures, sometimes I use mats formatted within Bryce. I Often find that the jpg files are too large in pixels to play nicely in Bryce when there are too many of them, as Bryce decompresses the jpg.

I almost always have to tweak the setting when I do use the jpgs My most common setting when dealing with human figures (for example) is Diffusion 70% ambience 30% with a specularity setting of around 10% if I am not using a dedicated specularity map, plus a bump setting of around 3 or 4%. I just keep checking as to which works best once I have the scene set up

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,388
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pam for the info. I worked on the Tanky last night and found it easier to use the materials from the Libraries.