How do you create Movement paths for characters and vehicles - Tutorial recommendations

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

1) I have not found how to create the walking, flying or driving movements in Carrara. Yes, I have found how to work with poses for animation, but I need help with movements along pre-determined routes with realistic movements as possible.

When moving characters around in a scene, i.e., walk from point A to point B, stop, turn right 30 degrees , walk 2 steps, turn again, then walk to point C, sitting down and point C, sitting for about 8 seconds, standing up and turning left 95 degrees, stopping then turn towards point A and walking there. Along the pre-determined routes charcaters will walk up and down stairs, swim, etc.

When flying aircraft.. take off from point A, liftoff with slow ascent at point B, begin slow climbing turn through 180 arc, turn hard left 20 degrees and climb fast.

When driving vehicle start and drive, stop first intersection, turn right and continue to drive to 3 intersection turn right. Also have array of vechicle in traffic going in two directions. This is traffic scenes.

2) I notice today there is 70% discount special on tutorials for Daz3d Applications. I would appreciate to read recommendations.

Comments

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

THe three Phil Wilkes (Infinite Skills) as well as the MMoir tutorials are all good.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Cripeman has a free tutorial on youtube for motion paths, might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2LlMcAOqK8

(ps Cripeman is awesome)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited January 2015

Jonstark said:
    Cripeman has a free tutorial on youtube for motion paths, might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2LlMcAOqK8

(ps Cripeman is awesome)

Agreed!
    I even go as far as to capitalize the 'a' in awesome, add three exclamation points, perhaps even some bold, color, italics, and enlarging, making it:
    Cripeman is Awesome!!!

There are some new ones to add to this, but here is an index for Cripeman's Carrara tutorials and more:
    Cripeman’s Carrara Video Tutorials Index

...and the thread from this, newer forum. Many of his tutorials were linked in a thread that was lost in the old forums, hence the index above. But this thread is where you can always find his latest tutorials:
    Cripeman Tutorials Forum Thread

Awesome stuff!!!
    =================================================================================================

Let's also not forget our most absent (from these forums as he moderates over at Renderosity) friend:
    Mark Bremmer
    Advanced Motion Paths Pt 1
    Advanced Motion Paths Pt 2

His free samples (those above included) are an illustration of his fantastic skill at teaching Carrara, and can be found at his site:
    Mark Bremmer Creative > Tutorials Tab

Awesome stuff!!!

CripemanAvatar.jpg
    100 x 100 - 3K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I remember those videos from Mark Bremmer, I was trying to think where I had learned about motion paths (not that I really retained it though, I'd have to watch it again before being confident in setting up a motion path). Those are awesome too, thanks Dart (and thank you Mark).