Layered Image Editor keeps crashing DS

EmotionalOutlet3DEmotionalOutlet3D Posts: 243

This is the 1st time I've tried to use the LIE since going up to DS 4.7 and every time I try to accept I get a death message from DS. I'm doing it the same way as I did in 4.6 and I've tried with different surfaces and images just in case and it has now crashed 5 times. Anyone else have any issues with the LIE in 4.7 or is it just me? :long:

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited January 2015

It is working just fine for me. Had a few other quirks though that turned out be from not having the latest version of the Default Lights and Shaders. Not having all plug-in properly updated with this version of Studio seems to be a common problem. Could try uninstalling Studio and all plug-ins then re-installing (probably should delete and re-download plug-ins too).

Post edited by jestmart on
  • EmotionalOutlet3DEmotionalOutlet3D Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    It is working just fine for me. Had a few other quirks though that turned out be from not having the latest version of the Default Lights and Shaders. Not having all plug-in properly updated with this version of Studio seems to be a common problem. Could try uninstalling Studio and all plug-ins then re-installing (probably should delete and re-download plug-ins too).

Thanks for the suggestion which I tried but still crashing as soon as I click accept in the LIE. I'm going to try to use it on my laptop later. That should help narrow down some of the possibilities.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

info a377 said:
    jestmart said:

Thanks for the suggestion which I tried but still crashing as soon as I click accept in the LIE. I'm going to try to use it on my laptop later. That should help narrow down some of the possibilities.

If it's with your own texture files make sure they are saved at 72 dpi.

edited December 1969

If it's with your own texture files make sure they are saved at 72 dpi.

Ah thank you, thank you! That was exactly the problem!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I find it strange that DPI should matter as it is just a number that has no relation to the actual size of the image. Did a test by changing an image I used in LIE to 300 DPI and it still works for me.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    I find it strange that DPI should matter as it is just a number that has no relation to the actual size of the image. Did a test by changing an image I used in LIE to 300 DPI and it still works for me.

All I can say is that once I changed the images to 72 DPI from 300 DPI it stopped crashing and accepted the image.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:

Maybe it shouldn't, but it does, at least on some systems. I got this from another PA (don't remember who now) when I was having similar issues with LIE either crashing DS or renders infinitely lagging on the "optimizing images" step with LIE in the scene.