Breast physics daz model in ue4 help

Hey! I am currently studying ue4 and i have a question: how to make breast physics in ue4 using a skeleton from daz? I send characters to ue4 using the DAZ to unreal plugin. I came across video tutorials on youtube, but additional bones were added to the chest using a blender, or the movement of the chest was added to each animation manually, frame by frame using morphs. Is there a solution using only ue4 and maybe there is some kind of guide? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2021

egorchs said:

Hey! I am currently studying ue4 and i have a question: how to make breast physics in ue4 using a skeleton from daz? I send characters to ue4 using the DAZ to unreal plugin. I came across video tutorials on youtube, but additional bones were added to the chest using a blender, or the movement of the chest was added to each animation manually, frame by frame using morphs. Is there a solution using only ue4 and maybe there is some kind of guide? Thanks in advance!

those are actually the only way, while daz does have a "sort of breast bone like the right and left pectoral, they still not perfect and when you export to unreal they get swaped to the back of the character but the big issue is which uou need another "bone" to control the rotation and others stuffs, another issue would be which you also would need to adjust the weight paint of the outfits.

a possible way to work with it which i'm not tested yet, would be you export the proper morphs which control the breast animation and add that in the animations blueprint and/or character blueprinto to use those morphs properly in game during the animations, i've not tried yet do that but i know is possible to control the morphs, you just must find the proper morphs can be used for "physic" and properlly set then in the blueprints. 

to be fair you don't have a "one click buttom" solution to add physicis to breasts" , you have to do some work anyway.

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • egorchsegorchs Posts: 0

Ellessarr said:

egorchs said:

those are actually the only way, while daz does have a "sort of breast bone like the right and left pectoral, they still not perfect and when you export to unreal they get swaped to the back of the character but the big issue is which uou need another "bone" to control the rotation and others stuffs, another issue would be which you also would need to adjust the weight paint of the outfits.

a possible way to work with it which i'm not tested yet, would be you export the proper morphs which control the breast animation and add that in the animations blueprint and/or character blueprinto to use those morphs properly in game during the animations, i've not tried yet do that but i know is possible to control the morphs, you just must find the proper morphs can be used for "physic" and properlly set then in the blueprints. 

to be fair you don't have a "one click buttom" solution to add physicis to breasts" , you have to do some work anyway.

Thanks for the answer! I am trying now to use https://www.daz3d.com/glute-and-breast-control-bundle-for-genesis-8-female-s
    It turns out pretty good, but you need to manually modify each DAZ animation. Do I understand correctly that if using blender to add the necessary bones to the chest, then the animations from daz will stop working normally? Or, since the animation only uses the bones it needs, the new bones won't break?

• The simplest way to start (closest to a one click solution) would be to add a spring control to the Pectoral bones.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.26/en-US/AnimatingObjects/SkeletalMeshAnimation/NodeReference/SkeletalControls/SpringController/

edited August 2021

David Vodhanel said:

The simplest way to start (closest to a one click solution) would be to add a spring control to the Pectoral bones.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.26/en-US/AnimatingObjects/SkeletalMeshAnimation/NodeReference/SkeletalControls/SpringController/

ok i've tried the idea and while it worked "perfect in the animation blueprint viewport in game the breasts started to go inside the mesh, when i rotate in the left or side of the camera whenever the character was looking to the left or right in the camera the breasts just tried to pop up inside the mesh, as if the "wind or gravity was pushing the breasts to "behind the character like a cloack or hair, when you walk to the fron or back of the camera then it works fine, but for some reason the others 2 ways it's not proper working. 

Edit:

ok i've managed to "make a work around for it, in the spring settings disable translation Y for both bones then check limit displacement to enable it then on max displacemente use 5 as value then 200 for spring stiffiness and 10 for dampening and 15 for error treshold, those are the value so far i've felt more close to realistc and normal, you can try others values to get what you want.

edited August 2021

after tried a little with that option of spring controlls while it "almost worked" it's still a little bug, because when you are moving it's try to apply the wind force to some "specific directions" make the breast based on what direction your character is looking and camera direction" distort really weird in some cases making it a little bug, maybe if you have some advanced knowledge in blueprints you can try to fix it, but using purelly the spring controller and it's basic adjust you can't make it work right, the breast will gonna "distort a little weird.

• UpL8RenderingUpL8Rendering Posts: 129
    edited August 2021

I have a couple basic breast physics assets on Github

https://github.com/GNVR-Dev/Daz_G3_Basic_Breast_Physics_Asset

https://github.com/GNVR-Dev/Daz_G8_Basic_Breast_Physics_Asset

You will find documentation how to use them in the ReadME files

Post edited by UpL8Rendering on

UpL8Rendering said:

I have a couple basic breast physics assets on Github

https://github.com/GNVR-Dev/Daz_G3_Basic_Breast_Physics_Asset

https://github.com/GNVR-Dev/Daz_G8_Basic_Breast_Physics_Asset

You will find documentation how to use them in the ReadME files

hmmm those are a good start however i do find a annoying bug, when using this physics the breasts looks different from each other one small pointed in ground and one a little big pointed up, they look in a weird way assimetric, they need some little "adjust another thing which i saw if you use a "cloth" and have the body mesh under it, it can clip a little over the cloth it's not moving properly the full mesh(body and outfit), but is a good start another thing is which still missing a lot of physics then a good start to setup a proper full physical body with ragdoll for daz characters could be this one:

while this was made using iclone character, during that time iclone characters shared a almost clone skeleton as daz characters with a really small difference being a extra bone in spine, which can be ignored the real deal is which using this one you can create a proper full physical rig with the breasts for ragdoll, would be cool to see a more improved version using this as a base and fixed the breasts stuffs, would be really cool if you could take a look and fix it. 

• Thank you for testing them out.  I hope you were able to get them working easily.  My goal was to just make something quick and easy to play around with.

I figured that depending on the character proportions and if any morph targets are applied small adjustment would need to be made anyway so I didn't bother making it perfect.

I may still revisit later to make improvements.  Full body IK and or rag doll are things I am interested in working on eventually but probably not right off due to other little projects I am trying to figure out.

UpL8Rendering said:

Thank you for testing them out.  I hope you were able to get them working easily.  My goal was to just make something quick and easy to play around with.

I figured that depending on the character proportions and if any morph targets are applied small adjustment would need to be made anyway so I didn't bother making it perfect.

I may still revisit later to make improvements.  Full body IK and or rag doll are things I am interested in working on eventually but probably not right off due to other little projects I am trying to figure out.

yeah i've tested but as i told the way they gigled and also they normally looked was really weird it really need some adjusts if you pay attention to the pictures from your tutorial you can notice some differences, between both breasts, i've tested with "different characters and morphs" and get the same bug, its really need some adjusts here and there, but overal worked almost perfect, the other issue i've found was outfits if the character is wearing outfits and you do have skin under the outfit it will poke throught in the attempts i did, based on the outfit you are using it ca be "big noticiable" or "small", the outfit also gigle the issue is which somehow they are not "moving at same speed or stay in the same place as if skin and outfit are being affected a little different.

I really hope you can finish you others works fast or get to this back as soon as you can because for me it would be a very important start point for this feature.

Another issue which i really wish to see get adressed by someone is this one

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/512186/help-to-fix-a-really-annoying-pose-bug-in-unreal-from-daz-if-anyone-know-a-good-way-to-fix-it

it's breaking a lot of imerssion and realism for the characters even for male character it's ending looks weird because of the form, it don't even look like a sort of "gen" , would be good to see somoene create a jcm to fix how the character bend without the DQ. 

• egorchs said:

Hi, i do it with physics body and morphs! For the breast i use physics, because the skeleton have bones for that. For the butt i use morph targets.
    Here some videos from my chanel...

• cleberwhatsupcleberwhatsup Posts: 8
    edited September 2021

oops

Post edited by cleberwhatsup on

cleberwhatsup said:

Hi, i do it with physics body and morphs! For the breast i use physics, because the skeleton have bones for that. For the butt i use morph targets.
    Here some videos from my chanel...

wow you would mind making a tutorial of how you did that??? it was really awesome!!!!!. 

• Ellessarr said:

wow you would mind making a tutorial of how you did that??? it was really awesome!!!!!. 

Yes of course! I'm doing various physicsand remapping tutorials... I'm posting on my channel as I have time... The tutorials will be in Portuguese BR...but I believe you will have no problem following the steps...