When Accessories Won't Fit?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,623
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I purchased the Pharaoh costume set, but I can't seem to get the gold bracelets to link to the Michael 5 Genesis figure. They load into the scene, but just below the figure's arms. They do move with different poses, but remain off-set from the arms. Any solution to this? The ankle bracelets link to the figure's ankles just fine.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

You need to reposition, and if necessary scale, the bracelets to fit. They are parented props rather than conforming figures and as such they don't trigger AutoFit.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,623
    edited December 1969

I wish I could reposition. The various adjustments in the parameters tab seem to have no effect on the bracelets. I select them in "scene" and go to "parameters" but the x,y,z controls have no effect on them.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Un-Parent them then re-position them and then re-parent them to the same parents as before.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

How do you un-parent something? Is this the Paramenter "Point at" or "fit to" command? I set both of those to none, and the selected bands vanish.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The easiest way to explain is how items are parented in the first place. If I wanted to say, parent a Hat to Genesis, I would move the hat to where I want it to be (on the head), and then in the Scene tab, I would drag the hat onto the head, and drop it. It will now appear in the Scene tab just underneath the Head (parented)

You need to find the Arm bands (or whatever you are parenting) in the Scene tab, and then drag the item back into the main part of the scene tab. Once you get them where you need them to go, drag and drop back onto the arm or hand or whever you want them parented to.in the Scene tab.

edited December 1969

Thanks. That's what I thought. I've tried some of that as well with mixed results. I can move the parts and parent them to the appropriate body part, but the links don't seem to hold when I select a pose for the body. Fortunately, my needs for this character are not terribly complex and I'm not doing intricate animation.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited August 2012

The cuffs don't play nice with the Michael 5 Hero morph. If you go into the Parameters or Shaping tab and turn Michael 5 Hero morph to 0 the problem goes away.

The cuffs work fine with the plain Michael 5 morph though!

Edit: Added picture. Notice the ankle bands stay put. You may want to consider filing a Pharaohs of the Sun for Genesis Male bug report and it may get fixed down the road ...

M5_Pharoah_Bands.jpg
    645 x 800 - 98K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Ah, so it isn't a parenting issue. Please bug report this - we've seen a number of cases where arm conformers don't work well with M5 Hero.

edited December 1969

Thanks. That is exactly the problem. I'm making superhero's so the "Hero" character is what I'm after. I may have to forego the bands in this case.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited August 2012

Ah, so it isn't a parenting issue. Please bug report this - we've seen a number of cases where arm conformers don't work well with M5 Hero.

I haven't setup a bug report account yet.. I'll give it a go..

Edit: Filed Bug Report 0047543 8/3/2012
    Post edited by Lindsey on