GMIC plugin wow!

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited August 2021

Out of curiosity, have you tried playing with DCG's plugins, Noir, Anything Goos, Parchment, Toon! Pro, etc.,?

I was wondering about Wireframe Pro and in trying it out for the first time, I ended up making three animated scenes that I needed for a viewscreen interface for my movie.

Happy Accidents!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Shaders Plus, Shader Ops 1 and 2, and Shoestring Shaders are so vast that I haven't even touched the tip of the iceburg yet. It's amazing how far we can take our art! I still have a lot of experimenting to do with Philemo's amazing collection as well!

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

I have tried toon pro but find it doesn' work for characters, it starts outlining every little poly edge on the face. Maybe there is a way using the overrides but frankly I haven't delved that deeply

Here are the first four panels in pdf where each image is a PDF page (using GIMP pdf export).  I think this is a workable format, works on phones etc...

Now I need some dialog.  Maybe even a story haha.

pdf
    pdf
    Doc000.pdf
    4M

Very cool, mschack!

• **When using Toon! Pro and Wireframe Pro:

The vector lines do not 'scale' with the render.

As the image render size increases - the lines will become more fine.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I usually reduce the line size to .5 or less and change the line colour from black to a dark grey when rendering images around 1000 px or less. also unticking or ticking lines for shading domains can change things smiley

edited September 2021

Thanks for the tips Distant_Star, Stezza.

I just started an account on tapas, a free comic/novel publishing site.  Got the title page up anyway, hopefully I will start adding episodes soon.

All rendered in Carrara including the title text, which isn't a text primitive, but letters built from a vertex object.

Link is here if you wish to track my progress https://tapas.io/series/Firthaven/info

Link is also in my footer...

tapas title page.png
    960 x 1440 - 897K
    Post edited by mschack on

I just added a few pages to it, comments/critiques appreciated...