Changing figure hierarchy

I have bought the skeleton model from the Daz store but I would like to change the (bone) hierarchy of the figure without changing anything else (parameter settings, event handlers, surfaces).
I have tried to do this using the figure setup tab and then the 'copy from selected figure' option. It lets me change the hierarchy as I would like to, but when I create the new figure I lose all parameter limits and also the events handlers that are accompanied with the figure don't do what they should. I have added a screenshot from the program to illustrate what's happening. The left figure is the original and the right the new one. In both I have changed the left leg positioning with the event handlers but the behave completely different.

I have tried to solve the problem with the transfer utility and only changing the weight maps but this also doesn't seem to work but this might be that I use the wrong settings.

Is there a simple way that I can change the hierarchy of an existing figure without having to completely redo al parameter settings and event handler settings?

I am using Daz Studio 4.7

Printscreen.png
722 x 651 - 183K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

What are you wanting to achieve in the end?

• edited December 1969

I want to change the positioning of the individual vertebrae as in a real human body but when I change the parameters of the lower vertebrae I lose the connection with the chest (see picture). I have looked at the current hierarchy and the problem is that the parenting isn't correct (the chest should be a child of the vertebra just beneath it).
    If there is another way of dealing with this problem then it would also be very helpfull

Screen.png
    609 x 799 - 382K
    edited December 1969

Which skeleton is this?

• edited December 1969

I am using the M4 Skeleton DS but I've also tried it with the M4 Skeleton Poser.

edited December 1969

The bones should pose as the figure is posed - there are links from the standard body parts to the individual bones so that they do bend instead of deforming. That's why they are on their own branches of the hierarchy instead of being linked in a chain all the way up. If, for example, you take the zeroed figure, bend the abdomen formward, and then click through the l5 to l1 bones you will see that each is bending on its own.

• edited December 1969

So as I understand there is no simple way that I can rearrange the hierarchy of an existing figure without changing the original parameter limits and such?
    That's basically the essence of my question.

edited December 1969

There are tools to insert bones in a hierarchy, but I'm not sure they work on older content - and didn't want to fiddle around experimenting without understanding what you aim is, and whether that is the best way to achieve it.