xFrog trees Freebies

mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184
edited January 2015 in Bryce Discussion

Once again there are freebies at xFrog

http://xfrog.com/category/samples.html?utm_source=160+Free+Plants&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2015+January+Sale

I like the flowery ones, considering that I only use Bryce is it better for me to download the obj files or the 3DS files.

Thanks

Edited: I'm having problems to post in the Show us your render thread, is anyone having the same problem.

Edited: to edit link to xFrog

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

I normally just download the .obj file and import them into Bryce. Would the.3DS files have been better?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I always use the OBJ as well. I have found some 3ds files can be problematic, have never tried XFrog ones though

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,294
    edited December 1969

I concur with Sandy and Pam.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sandy, Pam and Horo. Although there are many freebies from xFrog from time to time, I don't normally download them, but I think I should do so now, awesome trees for free.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Something strange is happening here.
    When I click on mermaids link in the first post it goes to my Gmail inbox.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Something strange is happening here.
    When I click on mermaids link in the first post it goes to my Gmail inbox.

Sorry Stuart I think I posted the wrong link i think this should work

http://xfrog.com/category/samples.html?utm_source=160+Free+Plants&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2015+January+Sale

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2015

Same here, Stuart...found the xfrog freebies (if these are the ones mentioned?).

Jay
    Edited: Heh he, mermaid, I/we cross-posted.
    PS. I wish this DAZ site would allow one to LMB/click a link that then opens a separate page (I know some may not like it, but I hate having to back-button again to get back to DAZ) without RMB/Open in new window etc.

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Hold the CTRL button down and LMB click and it should open in a new tab. Right click gives a drop down menu letting you choose where you want to open or save the page.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mermaid. Ok now.

edited December 1969

Hold the CTRL button down and LMB click and it should open in a new tab. Right click gives a drop down menu letting you choose where you want to open or save the page.

Ah yes, thanks Fishtales...I knew that one, but that involves another hand movement...sigh, the effort :)
    No, what I want is to just LMB/click the link. I've looked up the UBB code for adding in a link that might do the same, but can't find something that works (e.g. [exturl=]the link here[/exturl] There's probably a simple answer to it...will keep looking.

Jay

edited December 1969

I didn't know that one, Sandy. But since I always give a target to a link, I can control in what window/tab it opens.

edited January 2015

Horo, you know the way you include the code ['url=][/url'] when adding a link, however, is there code for, say, adding the link (in DAZ here) that when the viewer LMB/clicks it, it will then open in a separate window while keeping open the DAZ page, too. Or, is this down the lines of when DAZ stopped allowing us to include YouTube, viewable, vids (on the DAZ page) before they changed it some years back.

Jay

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Right click on any link and you get an option to open in either new tab or new window.

edited December 1969

I hate it when I click on a link then close the window and find I have closed the forum down too because I forgot to hold the CTRL button. The other thing that annoys me is the colon/right bracket causes the raised eyebrow smiley instead of the smiling one which is the normal everywhere else, having to remember to click the minus sign in between is a pain :-) The raised eyebrow one always makes me think the poster isn't really being serious :)

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Never heard of xFrog. Thanks tons for the link. I've saved to my favs.

edited January 2015

The other thing that annoys me is the colon/right bracket.

Yeah, Fishtales, know what you mean...it can make one :coolgrin: (this is the coolgrin smiley , which wants to represent itself as being angry :) The Smiley link/options beside the comment box saves mistakes, though.

And as I'm ranting...heh he...why is it that when you want to change the color of text to, say, red, and then you also want to change another piece of text as red, that you just can't do it - you have to choose another color, and then re-type that piece of text color's name as red again in the code, so as it apppears red.

Jay

edited January 2015

Jamahoney said:
    Horo, you know the way you include the code ['url=][/url'] when adding a link, however, is there code for, say, adding the link (in DAZ here) that when the viewer LMB/clicks it, it will then open in a separate window while keeping open the DAZ page, too. Or, is this down the lines of when DAZ stopped allowing us to include YouTube, viewable, vids (on the DAZ page) before they changed it some years back.

Jay

Just embed the html code shown below
    Link Shown
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip Mermaid; I would have missed it!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,509
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else having problems downloading the new free plants in obj format? I got about 75% OK but several of the downloads are empty (0Kb) zip files for me even though I tried several times.

Charlie

edited December 1969

Just embed the html code shown below.

Thanks, Horo...works great...will use that from now on when adding in links.

Cheers

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else having problems downloading the new free plants in obj format? I got about 75% OK but several of the downloads are empty (0Kb) zip files for me even though I tried several times.

Charlie

I have a problem! I do not find there the button "Download". :(
    edited December 1969

Charlie

I have just checkout all the trees and so far I did not have any problems, but I have only downloaded the 1st five in the list, my connection is very slow so it will take maybe the whole day or till tomorrow to download them all.

edited December 1969

slepalex said:

Charlie

I have a problem! I do not find there the button "Download". :(

Did you checkout the ones you want? If you don't have an account with xFrog use the express checkout, that's what I used. Then you will get an invoice with the download links.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,955
    edited December 1969

I only got 2 of the 10 I picked, get the exceeded try later message
    I think it is very busy and maybe wait a few hours not minures

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

Did you checkout the ones you want? If you don't have an account with xFrog use the express checkout, that's what I used. Then you will get an invoice with the download links.

However, I had already guessed. You need to register!
    But I do not want to. We'll go the other way. :)
    I have to disk a lot of plants Xfrog, but in a format xfr (most of all), c4d, and 3ds (but small). And do not installed the appropriate program.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,955
    edited December 1969

you cannot redistribute the plants! read the EULA
    Check spam, my download email got put in spam
    got another two now before message, this is gonna take a while ....................

edited December 1969

I downloaded them all a few days ago. It will only allow three to be downloaded at a time then you have to wait about ten minutes before it allows another three, and so on. Most are .zip files but there are one or two .jar files mixed in.

After checking out I use the links in the email invoice to download them when it arrives.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,509
    edited January 2015

Fishtales said:
    I downloaded them all a few days ago. It will only allow three to be downloaded at a time then you have to wait about ten minutes before it allows another three, and so on. Most are .zip files but there are one or two .jar files mixed in.

After checking out I use the links in the email invoice to download them when it arrives.

Fishtales: Did you check the files after you downloaded them? In my case the file will actually download but then it will be a zero Kb file. The ones that downloaded as empty files for me were: Red Maple, Incense Cedar, Rainbow Cactus, Mediterranean Fan Palm,, Japanese Walnut, Sweet Birch, Horse Chestnut, Blooming Judas Tree, European Hackberry, Carnation, Fruit Peach, and Poppy Anemone. The others all downloaded as good files.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

Just checked there are no zero files showing and the ones I opened all had content.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Although I haven't tried unzipping them, all the ones I downloaded (whichever from the 3D list I didn't already have) all show non-zero values. However in the past with downloads of anything from anywhere, I occasionally have problems and have to redownload, so I'd suggest just trying the zero-length ones again, hopefully they will work on the 2nd try.