Workspace themes not working and 4.7 critique

TD80TD80 Posts: 3
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello.

I recently updated from 4.6 to 4.7 and I cannot revert to the self-serve theme which was in 4.6. I cannot get used to the new theme in 4.7. The texts are too small in the parameters pane and I don't like the all dark/black theme which I cannot change no matter I do. How can I revert to the 4.6 self-serve theme?

I know with every update there are optimizations and it gets better every time but I cannot say the same with 4.7. It should get easier and more user friendly but this is not the case with 4.7.
First, the backgrounds image changer has been removed from edit, major annoyance. There are now more steps to changing the background image.
Second, I feel like I need to be a rocket scientist to configure the render settings. It was nice and neat in 4.6, easy to understand in 4.6 and its not in 4.7
Maybe I should just uninstall 4.7 and revert back to 4.6? But I don't know if 4.6 supports Genesis 2 characters. Well, does it?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2015

It always used to. :roll: 4.7 is not a new version of DS, merely an update.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TD80TD80 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

So I can just reinstall 4.6? Does 4.6 suppport Genesis 2 characters?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Go to Window > Style and switch to one of the other styles -- the default is now Darkside, which a lot of people prefer because it leaves more room for the viewport, but the fonts are smaller.

Setting a backdrop for renders is now in Window > Panes > Environment. I have it docked with the panes on the right side so it is easily accessible.

edited December 1969

For render settings, the top line of the Editor or Advanced tabs is Engine. 3Delight is what used to be called High Quality/Slow, Basic OpenGL is Low Quality/Fast.

edited December 1969

Thank you. I consider this resolved.
    But you guys might want do something about start up time of the application. It takes forever to start. 5+ mins.

edited December 1969

What firewall do you use? What does it say is loading at the lower left of the splash screen during the long wait?

edited December 1969

I use ZoneAlarm firewall but I've allowed DS to have internet access.
    The splash screen loading says: connecting to cms. That is the content manager service right?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

ZoneAlarm is known to have issues with PostgreSQL, unless they've recently fixed it.