Carrara Pro and Big Sur

Carrara Pro seems to be working fine on Big Sur although I haven't tried all features.  I am running Carrara Pro 8.5.1 Build 19 (64 bit) on my Mac Mini 3.2 GHz 6 core Intel I7, with 16G memory.  I have been kind of suprised by this so am taking a break from learning Blender to go back to Carrara (plus everything runs pretty crisp on my hardware.).  I used Carrara for years and its workflow, especially with the browser set up and scene wizard, is hard to beat.  So, I'm curious if others are using it on Big Sur and if there are any problems.

Comments

• That's good news. I haven't tried Big Sur. My current computer is stuck at Catalina. It works fine for me despite others reporting issues. I am waiting for the new 27"+ iMacs to upgrade. Hopefully I won't lose Carrara. You are running it on an i7 though. The new processers could be the deal breaker. 

• I also have an M1 Mac Mini but I haven't loaded Carrara there yet.  Hopefully it will run on Rosetta 2.

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308

On my Imac with Mojave Carrara work fine but aon myy mac mini with Catalina many Problems. Import not Working only i mimport with Daz studio. all Texture with Texure map not working Clean import Texture not working, Imort all 3d Files (OBJ, 3ds, usw not working clean)  i think the Import working with the old Quicktime Player code there is 32 bit thar not Working on new Mac os. an some more.  :( , I had hoped that Daz would bring out an update here but that seems to make Carrara die.

• I can run Carrara 8.1 Pro on my new 24 in mac and OS 11.5.2 and model sort of.  doesn't switch smoothly between windows.  Problem is when I go to save Obj.  Screen opens, but can't do things like delete materials, or close.  I can hit save and get Obj model, but then Carrara freezes.  If other people are having this, it seems like a fix is needed?

•  You might try making sure your Privacy settings are correct. The new security protocols can be an issue. I had some problems with Catalina then I gave Carrara full disk access. Have you tried Carrara 8.5? That's the most recent version. 

• I have a new Macbook Pro with an Intel i9 and 16G memory running Big Sur 11.6, and am finally moving all of my graphics software off of a Windows machine,  I have downloaded the proper Carrara 8.5 Pro installer from my account downloads, I think (Carrara_8.5.1.19_Mac64.app) but can't seem to get it installed. Keep running into "You do not have permission to open the application etc., etc..."  I've checked my settings in Security and Privacy, and have even tried a couple of possible fixes found online that hope haven't screwed anything up... all to to avail.  Been using Carrara since v1 and Metacreations, actually started with RayDream 5.5. Sure would like to have this running on my new Mac if possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.