• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited April 2018
    th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:

wish i could transfer those old m4 displacement maps to g3m  heart

mebbe zbrush could do it

not Zbrush but UUW3D, Blacksmith 3D (which you have I believe ) and Blender

is a repaint freature

Blacksmith does a good job of conversions, Mike 4 Hi-Res boxers skin on G3M.

Mike4 boxers.png
    2007 x 1015 - 573K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited April 2018
    Diomede said:

Resurecting this dead thread to ask if anyone has tried something similar to Roy's suggestion.  That is, export the base and HD version of a Daz figure from studio to create a normal map and then load that norml map in Carrara.

Or, do we proceed from a false premise about the results of such an obj export?

Gave it a quick try, downloaded the HD aging morphs for Genesis, then created to exported obj for my Genesis, one with wrinkles and one without.  Downloaded X-normal and watched a quick youtube on how ot use it, all went smoothly... but then I realized my mistake when I went into Carrara to apply the normal map generated, which is that the normal map was for the whole body of Genesis, whereas of course in the texture room there is no specific channel for me to put a 'whole body' normal map into.  Would need to figure out how to make normal maps for each shader part of the body, ie a normal map for the skinface, for torso, arms, etc.  So while I think this method would work in theory, not sure how to make it work in actual practice.

Post edited by Jonstark on