what did the bridge to hexagon do?

all i know is something broke, but no idea what?

is it true hexagon boleans are broke?

if thats true i'm really glad they havent messed with carrara code.  who know what they'll break.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

The Hexagon Bridge allows us to send items to Hexagon from Daz Studio, and back again. Likewise we can send models we make in Hexagon to Daz Studio, and then back again if we want.

Part of the huge magic of this is that, if we send a piece of clothing to Hexagon, we can change it as much as we want and, upon sending it back to Daz Studio, a dialog will launch asking if we want to make a morph slider for the change we've just made.

This is how I would add 'full body' morph target possibilities to clothing and hair for use in Carrara.

Aside from Victoria 4, who is unlocked by default, if we try to make new morphs in Carrara, we have to model each body parts separately, which can be nearly impossible - definitely improbable.

So I would open the item in Daz Studio, send it to Hexagon and make the tiniest change, and name the new morph something that I want to make a morph for in Carrara, and assign it to a new Morph Category of the figure, making it a Full Body morph zone.

So now back in Carrara, I can load that new version, and just make all the new morphs I want without selecting the head separatley from the neck zone, chest, abdomen, etc.,

That's how I made the older Rosie 4 hair from Angelina Hair. I made a bunch of morphs onto the original hair, then loaded in four times into Carrara, each changed quite significantly from the original, in order to make that long, thick curly hair that it was.

Original Angelina Hair

Rosie 4 Hair