Needing a source code

WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
edited December 1969 in Daz SDK Developer Discussion

I am in need of the source code for the dz3dconnexion.dll Daz tech support has set me to this forum to find it but I haven't had any luck locating it. Any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Comments

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Only the development team has access to the source code. Access is not provided to the public.

-Rob

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

What are you wanting to do? This forum is for discussing plug-in development, so if you have questions on how to achieve things it's the right place to post - however, as Rob notes, the existing plug-ins are not (generally) open-source so you can't get access to source code other than that in the SDK examples (I think there may be one or two people who have published source code for simple plug-ins, but that is the exception rather than the rule if so).

• WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I honestly don't know how to respond. I have been in contact with tech support regarding making the 3Dconnexion plugin available to MAC users (currently available for Windows only) and was told I had permission to make the plugin. My response was that I needed the source code for the dz3dconnexion.dll to be able to compile the binaries. Tech support sent me here stating that the Devs watch this forum and would provide me with what I was needing. The first response I received said only the Devs have access to it, so I posted the emails stating I had permission to obtain the code (hoping the Devs would see it) and that post was promptly removed. Again, as I have said, Daz3D Tech support is who sent me to this forum. I am not here to cause problems or steal code, nor will I accept any compensation for making the plugin. In truth I don't even have a MAC or the mouse (though I know people that do and are more than willing to help me), I am trying to get this done for Paolo Ciccone. He has personally helped me so much in regards to using the Reality plugin I felt making this plugin was the least I could do to repay him. I have already sent an email back to tech support letting them know that I most likely won't receive assistance here as the first administrator response and the 2nd administrator action showed me. It was not my idea to come to this forum, it was tech supports idea.

Thank you for your time.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Support may have misunderstood your question, or the response may not have been clear. You are certainly free to create a plug-in for the Mac to support the 3D mouse, and this is the place to post questions about the process as you run into issues, but you can't expect to get the source code for the existing DAZ 3D plug-in. If you are an experienced mac developer it might be worth approaching DAZ to see if they would consider working with you on a Mac version, but that wouldn't be handled on the forum.

• WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

it might be worth approaching DAZ to see if they would consider working with you on a Mac version, but that wouldn't be handled on the forum.

That is exactly what I did. My offer was then directed to tech support and they sent me here. As I stated before I had posted the emails sent to and from me with all the facts regarding this and that post was removed. Again, posting in this forum has not my idea as a coarse of action, it was Daz tech supports idea. I understand how to make plugins and to avoid having to build from the ground up I requested the source. I'm sure you have made at least 1 plugin and understand the amount of time it requires having to start from scratch and how much time and effort having the source code saves. I really don't know why tech support sent me here, It didn't make sense but I had assumed they knew what they were talking about.

In conclusion, I would like to thank you Richard for your effort to resolve this and not just saying 'you can't have it!' or simply removing my post.

Thank you again for your time.