[Solved] Cached Geom Facet to Base Geom Facet

nategovannategovan Posts: 35

Hi,

I'm doing some calculations with facets on the cached geom `figure.getObject().getCachedGeom()` and it appears as though the cached geom facets are split with subdivisions as well as being in positional poses. In comparison, it appears as the vertices of the facets of the standard `figure.getObject().getCurrentShape().getGeometry()` do not have positioned vertices in the pose position (eg, if you plot the vertex positions and they go to the standard genesis t-pose) and no subd is applied. All appears to be well, but it would be nice if someone can confirm that these statements are true.

So, given any facet / facetID of a cacheGeom, I want to fetch the original base geometry facet (eg, for applying a visual selection with geom.selectFacetsByIndexList(...)), it appears that applying this selection to the cached geom (and indeed, selectAllFacets()), doesn't highlight in the viewport display, it only does if you use the base geometry. Is it possible to get a base geometry facet from a cache geom facet?

For those interested, I'm looking at SELECTIVE collision detection for subtle automatic pose correction. Subd applied AABB works fine, I'm just adding some narrow phase collision detection for a very very limited subselection, which again is fine, but I'm struggling at understanding the underlying geom entities in the documentation for the viewport display.

Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

Post edited by nategovan on

Comments