Outdoor lighting works fine in daz and blender but NOT UNREAL.

hello, 

i have a map which is really huge, it's a big city in daz.

the lightining works perfectly with the SAME map in DAZ and in blender with the dynamic sky function.

but in unreal engine the sky light and sky atmosphere just doesnt work. when i click on the  when i check the lightmaap is all blue even if increase the resolution ( because it's a huge map)

any idea how to make lighting works in unreal like in daz and blender ?

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

craddockcmnsmaureen said:

hello, 

i have a map which is really huge, it's a big city in daz.

the lightining works perfectly with the SAME map in DAZ and in blender with the dynamic sky function.

but in unreal engine the sky light and sky atmosphere just doesnt work. when i click on the  when i check the lightmaap is all blue even if increase the resolution ( because it's a huge map)

any idea how to make lighting works in unreal like in daz and blender ?

what version you are using?? the 5.0 or 4.26?, for 5.0 it's really dinamic lightning, you can change the "color" in the sky atmosphere settings,you have setting to change collors intensity, basically you must configure in the way you want it's not a "one click solution". 

• edited August 2021

i am using 4.26, but it's ok i will try with 5.0! hopefully i can get better results.

Post edited by craddockcmnsmaureen on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

in 4.26 you have first to 'build the ligthning" of the scene first, because it's not real time ligthining as is 5.0

• My tip would be to remove the default sky sphere and add in a 'sky atpmosphere' object instead. With this added, add in a 'volumetric cloud' object too.Usually, I delete the two default lights, and replace them with identical ones (sky light, directional light) just to make sure that everything refreshes. With these components in your scene, you can now hold ctrl-L and move the sun into a position of your liking.

• MacislavMacislav Posts: 126

An example of perfectly built light is the once free "Log Cabin" scene from UE4. It has a post process volume with good settings and you will find a lightmass importance volume there, which is essential for the right light calculation. If you just use the standard PBR skin setup (roughness,normal,diffuse) it should look fine. In UE5 it will look even better.