Couple of Contests

That other 3D content site that rhymes with monstrosity has a couple open contests. One has a Film Noir theme and has a September 7 deadline.  The other has a Nostalgia TV theme and also has a September 7 deadline. Go to the other site, Community : Contests : Open Contests for rules and details.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

just popped over to Renderosity to see the contests yes

I can see some Carrara entries would be great for these two... maybe rehash some old challenge images for it

thanks for the headsup as I don't frequent Rendos forums much as they are tooooo hard to navigate.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I won their "Watercolor contest" taking the first place. And now I'm getting acquainted with an all new for me program called Poser 12.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Vyusur said:

I won their "Watercolor contest" taking the first place. And now I'm getting acquainted with an all new for me program called Poser 12.

Congrats !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Vyusur said:

Congrats !!!

Thank you!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Bunyip02 said:

Vyusur said:

Congrats !!!

That is great, Veronika.  So impressive.  I hope you get time for a quick review of Poser 12 if you test it out.  I have an older version of Poser and heard they were planning significant changes for 12+.

Diomede said:

Bunyip02 said:

Vyusur said:

Congrats !!!

That is great, Veronika.  So impressive.  I hope you get time for a quick review of Poser 12 if you test it out.  I have an older version of Poser and heard they were planning significant changes for 12+.

Thank you kindly for your feedback and kind words! Sure I will share my impressions on Poser 12 shortly.

As for Poser 12, I'm not enough familiar with this program so far. The first time I used it was in the second part of July 2021.

As I could see so far, it's quite a good soft for the usual rendering tasks.

Especially I like Superfly render (Cycles based) which is way faster than Firefly with my RTX 2080 Ti.

The nice thing about both of render engines is availability of Subsurface Scattering option.

And the toon render options are cool enough.

Here is some examples of my rendering.

Kitty05.jpg
    1000 x 1160 - 773K
    Kitty01.jpg
    1194 x 1708 - 848K
    Factory01.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    Tomb03.jpg
    1469 x 943 - 1M
    Toons01.jpg
    1000 x 1145 - 388K
    Neo_face.jpg
    1000 x 1196 - 1M
    Spy06.jpg
    1000 x 1231 - 1M
  • mschackmschack Posts: 337

Those are nice.  Love the tomb render!

mschack said:

Those are nice.  Love the tomb render!

Thank you!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Wow. Very cool, Vyusur! 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited August 2021

poser was originally the software that Rooster Teeth's  Red versus Blue show was animated in.

eventually after I think 15 seasons they moved to maya. But it is still interesting what they did with the show being created in poser.

https://roosterteeth.com/watch/red-vs-blue-bonus-75

Post edited by chickenman on

Dartanbeck said:

Wow. Very cool, Vyusur! 

Thank you so much!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Diomede said:

The other has a Nostalgia TV theme and also has a September 7 deadline. Go to the other site, Community : Contests : Open Contests for rules and details.

got a couple in but I think one was rejected!  Dunno why though. surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thanks for the heads up the Noir one looks good, 

congrats Veronika too - beaut watercolour :)

Headwax said:

congrats Veronika too - beaut watercolour :)

Thank you kindly, Andrew!