My Carrarators Movie entry , first scene clip.

mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey guys,
I just thought I would post this video of my first clip of my movie entry, it is a little rough but I am learning lots. I haven't really done much with the particle emitter before , it was a little frustrating at times but I managed to get some okay results. I used the emitter for the starfield background (converted it to jpeg at rendertime) and the contrails for the 2nd ship. I also used motion paths for the second ship were on the first one I keyframed it, the motion path worked out a lot nicer and is pretty good once you get used to moving the nodes around.
Anyways , hopefully some of you animators here are working on your entries.

The youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXHEF0uSxKw

link to my thread on Carrarators site.
http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/index.php?topic=210.msg1248;topicseen#new

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Cool! At least 1:34 to go! :)
    Yeah, I have yet to try motion paths either. It's certainly on my list of 'want to try' features along with many others. Isn't the particles system fun? It's really amazing what can be done with that thing... so many possibilities!

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

Hey Dart,
    To get through my whole movie script it will probably 6 more minutes which is a little crazy, we will see how it goes though. I have to next learn how to shoot lasers and do a good looking explosion, I will see if the particle emitter and I get along well enough to complete that task.:-)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

mmoir said:
    Hey Dart,
    To get through my whole movie script it will probably 6 more minutes which is a little crazy, we will see how it goes though. I have to next learn how to shoot lasers and do a good looking explosion, I will see if the particle emitter and I get along well enough to complete that task.:-)

If it is a fiery explosion, don't forget light effects such as lens flares, 3D light spheres, etc.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

It is a fiery explosion outside Earth's atmosphere and yes this explosion should have all the bells and whistles . ;-)