Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 958
    edited October 2021

We just had our first hard frost, and I just finished picking all the tomatoes :-)  Yay, timing!  I did a picture to celebrate the finish of the garden work... but it has nothing to do with gardening.  Hmm.  Oh, well.  Looking at it, I realize I'm sort of running sort of the opposite of Sven... nice space ship scene :-)

Flightguard smsig.jpg
    2000 x 1334 - 2M
    Post edited by Misselthwaite on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Tks, guys, for you comments! Yeah Misselthwaite you certainly do, and I love it:)

Oh wow I'm so happy...got my hands on a 2015 Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM and i7 Processor. Managed to install my DS stuff and runtimes, files open without errors, I even have Garibaldi up and running (spent an hour browsing through old emails to find the serial nr). Doing an awe testrender now, think this will reduce my rendertimes by 30%smiley *doing happydance*

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...nice, can't wait to see the results.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited October 2021

Tailpiece:

And so the Jolly Roger sails back off to Neverland...

(Through the project, the page spreads which did not have illustrations, there were faries and crocodiles fliting back and forth through the margins.)

13-Tailpiece.jpg
    799 x 1317 - 152K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 589
    edited October 2021

Great work, folks!

I spent the last week kitbashing the Forest Tiny House (picked up for $1.99 in PC+FAD) via geometry editor and ransacking of my runtime. Still not finished but I'm finished here at my son's and moving back onto the boat and leaving the desktop behind. The laptop on the boat is strictly for really small scenes and stuff all rendering so till I am in residence here again, I am limited in what I can do (season has not progressed enough to be able to run desktop on solar thus far...another month or two yet).

So to the tiny house. I didn't buy it when it came out as I couldn't determine if it had an exterior and figured for two bucks it didn't matter. It kind of has but I needed to use the geometry editor to give it its own surface which I applied one of the Pimp My Prop shader presets to. Interior was changed to a plain white surface, windows and floor to a different wood texture. Took out the original table arrangement and built a new one and put bifold windows in that I took from the old Kelly Lodge. Took out the downstairs windows in the far right wall (you can't see it) and installed french doors, taken from Maclean's Room Creator. Raised the upstairs floor at that end and put the bedroom up there, put a lounge area on the other loft at the other end. Ripped out the kitchen and an unused void and installed a new kitchen, gas stove and fridge, and a fireplace (the 'winterless north' gets bloody cold!). Had fun outside putting in a spa pool and swimming pool for the hot Northland summers and cool winters...the spa pool handy to the refurbished bathroom for those skinny dipping evenings. I love kitbashing and building scenes, looking forward to coming back to this in a few weeks. Most of the windows are illfitting and I want to fix them, I'm not happy with my roof so will improve that, plus I have a great deal of props still to place.

The scene is lit by one distant light, fairly strong, to mimic our harsh summer sun down here in New Zealand, plus AoA's Ambient light and emissives on all the house lights which I forgot to turn off before rendering so the inside is too bright. Couldn't be faffed rerendering for that.

tiny house.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 2M
    Post edited by lorraineopua on

...looks really nice. 

I had the opposite situation considering Tesla3D's Avil Balcony as the structure seems to have no interior.  Unfortunately it is back to it's normal (25$) price after being in the PC+ for a Day sale.

• Thanks, kyoto :)

I had a look at the balcony as well but passed on it, can’t remember the reason but something about it put me off. 

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    khorneV2 said:
    Formerly I copied pasted the commands in the rib file for each render. Commands from script or a script generated rib. But this process should have been incomplete.(commands Come from the first build of awe shading kit). I ran a partial test with awe environ ment inside ds, seems better but still slow. I Will try emissive lights.
    It's best not to resort to manual edits until you learn exactly what each command does and what syntax peculiarities it might have.

A good practice is to limit the scene default diffuse and specular bounce depths to 2 in the scripted renderer (supposing the surfaces do not set their own higher numbers by default), but keep the total RT depth higher so that you could then amp the specular depth on a refractive surface specifically.

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

Mustakettu85 said:

khorneV2 said:

Formerly I copied pasted the commands in the rib file for each render. Commands from script or a script generated rib. But this process should have been incomplete.(commands Come from the first build of awe shading kit). I ran a partial test with awe environ ment inside ds, seems better but still slow. I Will try emissive lights.

It's best not to resort to manual edits until you learn exactly what each command does and what syntax peculiarities it might have.

A good practice is to limit the scene default diffuse and specular bounce depths to 2 in the scripted renderer (supposing the surfaces do not set their own higher numbers by default), but keep the total RT depth higher so that you could then amp the specular depth on a refractive surface specifically.

thanks ! a cool tip !

edited October 2021

Table Number One - the Freedom Prince v/s the Scientist

...another old scene revisited and updated to work with the new awe build...still some things to fix...

Table Number One awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 805

@lorraineopua,

Wonderful! Would make for a great time lapse how-to video. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers! 

lorraineopua said:

Great work, folks!

I spent the last week kitbashing the Forest Tiny House (picked up for $1.99 in PC+FAD) via geometry editor and ransacking of my runtime. Still not finished but I'm finished here at my son's and moving back onto the boat and leaving the desktop behind. The laptop on the boat is strictly for really small scenes and stuff all rendering so till I am in residence here again, I am limited in what I can do (season has not progressed enough to be able to run desktop on solar thus far...another month or two yet).

edited October 2021

...Vicky finding some blue notes...

Evening Serenade pp awe.png
    800 x 989 - 1M
    edited October 2021

...one thing to another...

Street Bike awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited October 2021

Step in to my office!

Step Right In awe pp.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

yes

edited October 2021

Street Biker 3 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited October 2021

...jammin...

Fullmoon Jammin awe PP.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

khorneV2 said:

thanks ! a cool tip !

You're welcome!

And if you want to change a surface setting over the whole scene, you can select all the surfaces in the scene tab and use the textbox next to the little magnifying glass to perform a "search", which is actually more like a filter. 

Sven Dullah said:

Table Number One - the Freedom Prince v/s the Scientist

...another old scene revisited and updated to work with the new awe build...still some things to fix...

This one is amazing :)

Tks Kettu:) I'm in the process of sorting out team Buddha for some close ups, so will probably be back in a while to spam this fine thread with some more obscurities:))

edited October 2021

Built to last

Built to last awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited October 2021

...and just another time traveller passing by...

TT after the war awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
  • Love Built to Last :-)  It's beautiful!

Misselthwaite said:

Love Built to Last :-)  It's beautiful!

Thank you! 

edited October 2021

A little experiment...

Kikan pp1 awe.png
    1600 x 1920 - 567K
    Kikan pp2 awe.png
    1600 x 1920 - 2M
  • Beautiful backlighting!  That is an impressive rim effect :-)

edited October 2021

Misselthwaite said:

Beautiful backlighting!  That is an impressive rim effect :-)

Tks, yeah I thought so too:)

Right, back to my Kosmic Chessgame (or the Nirvana Chess Cafe, if you will)...current state after two days of hard worklaugh, you run into a lot of unexpected issues when you scale down the figures to around 7%.

Table Number One

Team Q

Team B

Table Number One awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Team Q awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Team B awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Misselthwaite said:

Beautiful backlighting!  That is an impressive rim effect :-)

...+1 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

Sven Dullah said:

A little experiment...

I like this one a lot. Very artistic.

Tks for the comments guys, much appreciated:)