Carrara 5 Pro Handbook arrived this morning

2»

Comments

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info,

At that price it's worth buying just to have a look.

• CelluloCellulo Posts: 60
    edited March 2018

Today i have received my copy of this cool book from Amazon, the book is ok but the CD is partially broken (big impact on the surface), i can't see the files.

Someone can share with me by PM all chapters files in one zipped file, this will be really cool, thanks in advance.

I encounter some years the same problem with a trueSpace book, the CD was half cutted, cheap books on Amazon it's the russian roulette for the CD companion's book.

I have successfully saved some chapter files from the CD but not all, see the screenshot, files saved only:

CR5_handbook_files_saved_from_CD.jpg
    384 x 277 - 76K
    Post edited by Cellulo on

Thanks Diomede for the files.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Oh, and here I was thinking I had the cat's meow with my purchase of 'The Carrara Studio 3 Handbook' from 2004 by Mike De La Flor with CD! cheeky Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2018

I've kept an eye out for discounts on used handbooks.  yesyes

Now if I could just apply all of this information.

handbooks.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Diomede said:

I've kept an eye out for discounts on used handbooks.  yesyes

Now if I could just apply all of this information.

Know what you mean! indecision frown but you certainly do not have that trouble at all!  yes Silene

Thanks!  

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited March 2021

edited March 2021

Very glad that you are enjoying the Carrara 5 Pro Handbook.  The ability to use the index in the back, hold open a book and follow the steps, etc. is very helpful to me.  I love all the videos by Cripeman, etc., but sometimes I really want to stare at a page and read the same sentence a few times.

edited April 2018

Here the example file "fan-start.car" fixed for the "Creating a simple animation" tutorial at page 62 of the book (chapter05-files folder), why fixed ! you ask yourself, it's because the original file shipped on the CD companion of the book is already set with the spin modifier for the fan blades and the 45° for the fan rotation you need only to put timing and the tweener, and the tutorial is already done, you learn half the tutorial, not cool need more steps frown ; well i make this new file that drop all these things with a new angle camera, now you can follow the tutorial properly and make all steps by yourself, maybe it's a mistake of the author when publishing the book.

zip
    zip
    fan-start_fixed.zip
    Post edited by Cellulo on
    edited March 2021

You need to download the file again, i forget to fix the camera angle view after my tests. The orignal file set the camera view to much at the right side of the fan, when rendering the fan is cut half.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Hilarious...

I bought the Mark Bremmer package. It was good tutor, but Carrara 7.5 Pro version.

A lot of water has gone under the Carrara brige since 7.5.

I spent $70 and wish I hadn't. Mark does a good job, but the information is dated.

Recently, Daz had a great sale...and I got the PhilW Infinite skill version of Carrara 8.5 pro and Advanced Carrara.

So far, been through the Carrara 8.5 pro version once.

Been trying to get all the files set up between Daz3d studio and Carrara for the past couple weeks.

Getting close, hopefully be able to Carrara next week. SInce nothing has been that easy I will not count on it.

Again, in so many words.. Don't waste your time on older version tutorials. Get the PhilW packs they are very well done.

Daz should have another sale with tutorials in it. The last sale was 70% discounted... That encouraged me to buy tutorials that I do not need now, but I will need them soon enough..and the price was right.

I disagree - Mark's Video explains many things in a different way and in good detail so the lesson might ' sink in '  when others may not. Phils videos are great but I feel he sometimes glosses over the subject - not surprising as there is so much to be said about any feature.  Of course Mark's videos are I believe for C6 [ you said 7.5  ]so features after that are not covered but I think he covers some stuff that Phil avoided. Wouldn't be any point Phil  duplicating. Get them all and any instruction you can !!

edited March 2021

• Didn't know anyone still looked at these old books anymore. I wrote the Hex car chapter in the C5Pro book, seems like a really long time ago. That Bryce 4 book was insanely good when it came out. Think I got it like 15+ years ago or something.

edited March 2021

There is also "3D lighting history,concepts and techniques" book by Arnold Gallardo, tutorials for 3dsmax,lightwave and trueSpace, it's a old book still good at cheap price, the wrong thing all pictures are in black and white, the pictures colored are on the CD.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

remembering how much fun the poser5 secrets book was, it covered the file structure.

seeing a used copy of the c5 book on amazon, smiley hoping it explains car/cbr file structure a bit