Need Help with Transparency

dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
edited January 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm working on a product I hope to release, a large collection of tribal tattoos using geometry shell. Now, when I render on high settings (or am zoomed in very close to the tattoo), every thing works as it should. This is the first picture, which rendered with AMR's Render Profiles Insane Quality setting. But when I work on low settings, even the Studio's default settings, you can see a white outline around the tattoo. This is the second picture, render on Studio defaults except for image size, gamma and gamma correction. Is there anyway I can fix this, or is this just a limitation I have to live with?

TattooDefault.jpg
1000 x 1414 - 514K
TattooHQ.jpg
1000 x 1414 - 542K
Post edited by dakkuuan on

Comments

• millighostmillighost Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Most likely: your diffuse texture is a black tattoo on a white background. The texture filter blurs the white background into the black foreground. Always give shapes on the texture a border (a black border in your case) as thick as possible. You can also simply use only the transparency and a no texture for the diffuse color at all (it is black anyway).

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
    edited January 2015

Awesome Idea! Will make the download size smaller too. My tattoo is actually on a transparent background which is why this doesn't make any sense to me. It must see it as 'white'.

Post edited by dakkuuan on