Garden Hosing

JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
edited January 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Does anyone know if there is a solution around for what we used to call "garden-hosing" of character joints due to bone influences not being optimal for that joint? This is specifically for a V4 character. I'm sure it's better with more recent characters...

In other apps you can adjust bone influence radius and power so that the crimping wouldn't be so pronounced. But I don't recall that Carrara has the ability to do that...

Anyone?

Capture.JPG
565 x 510 - 51K
Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited January 2015

You can adjust the weightpainting by selecting the model level of the V4 group, enter the vertex modeling room, choose the animation mode in the top right, then select the brush in the upper left. Pick the bodypart group that you want to adjust with the brush (and pick to add or subtract weight).

You can also create a morph in the posed position to address crimping.

y1_b_weightpainting_in_animation_mode.jpg
    1453 x 822 - 256K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Ahh, okay, thanks. I had forgotten about the weight painting.

I was hoping someone out there had already made some pre-packaged joint bending morphs for stuff like this. Especially for the leg/hip/butt joints, which get pretty nasty with anything more than a gentle bend...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Yes, I believe vendors offer bend fix and joint fix morphs for V4. Just do a search here in the Daz store and at rival sites. I'm sure there is more than one product for sale, especially for V4 and M4.

Maybe other forum folks have some and can give you a review.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Look for the Perfect V4 bend/morphs from Xameva and Meipe over at Rendo.