Superhero Suit for G2F

dodgerrecordsdodgerrecords Posts: 123

Is it just me or is this suit too small? When I load it, it's like it is one pixel too tight and the characters skin is poking through.

Comments

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

No; your not alone...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

The suit is built that way because it has displacement as part of its textures. If it were above the character's skin before rendering, it would stick out too far when it was actually rendered. Displacement doesn't show in the preview.

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

Thank you for explaining.
    I wonder why it look good when rendered and not in the viewport (this makes it a bit tricky to see poke throughs before the finished render)

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

I am having a problem that even when rendering, it does not fit my G2F figure. Most of it seems "under" the skin. I have tried buffing up the displacement but it does nothing. Is there any way to fix this?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I am having a problem that even when rendering, it does not fit my G2F figure. Most of it seems "under" the skin. I have tried buffing up the displacement but it does nothing. Is there any way to fix this?

Smoothing ON and colliding with G2F should put it right AT the skin surface...with the displacement, that SHOULD take care of poke through.

But...

It doesn't always work that way. So you can add a Push modifier...but be warned, it comes in at a pretty 'puffy' setting...something like 1.00 where you only need something between 0.001 and 0.01.

Edit > Figure (or Object) > Geometry > Add Push Modifier

Then in Parameters > Mesh Offset to adjust the distance.

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited May 2015

mjc1016 said:

Smoothing ON and colliding with G2F should put it right AT the skin surface...with the displacement, that SHOULD take care of poke through.

There is no smoothing or colliding option on the G2F superhero suit. It has "Fit to" and it is already fit to the girl I am trying to get it to work with, and then it has resolution level, subdivision level, subdivision algorithm, edge interpolation. But it appears to be one of those annoying piece of wardrobe that do not HAVE a collision setting.

Also, I have no idea what to do with a push modifier. I tried it but there is no mesh offset option under parameters.

I guess I am doing something wrong with both of these, but if I can't see the parameter setting dial I can't change anything on them.

Post edited by Steven-V on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

There is no smoothing or colliding option on the G2F superhero suit. It has "Fit to" and it is already fit to the girl I am trying to get it to work with, and then it has resolution level, subdivision level, subdivision algorithm, edge interpolation. But it appears to be one of those annoying piece of wardrobe that do not HAVE a collision setting.

Also, I have no idea what to do with a push modifier. I tried it but there is no mesh offset option under parameters.

I guess I am doing something wrong with both of these, but if I can't see the parameter setting dial I can't change anything on them.You have to add the smoothing modifier. Sun the scene tab, go to the upper right corner to the triangle with the three horizontal lines, click on that and scroll down to Edit>Geometry>Add Smoothing Modifier.