Want to make a film but need to know if possible?

dinosaurmad87dinosaurmad87 Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi everyone quick question I want to make a film based on a game called the darkness and I need to know if it's possible to do with the monster in it or would I need to use animatronics for that sort of thing? Is there any 3d model of it at all that I could use? If you need a picture of what the monster looks like let me know and I'll send you one.

Cheers, Ian.

Comments

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

I have no idea what the monster you're talking about looks like, but unless someone has already created it, I don't think you will be able to use the one from the game via some sort of import/export process, if that's what you mean. In other words, I don't think there's any (practical) way to export a monster resource from the game and then import it into DAZ Studio. Even if you could get it in as say a .obj file, I don't think there'd be any easy way to make it pose for you or animate, not without a HUGE amount of work.

• dinosaurmad87dinosaurmad87 Posts: 114
    edited January 2015

Ok then thanks for the info I will though send a couple of images of the monster so you know what I'm on about as someone else might know it if they see it and might of already created it hopefully. p.s the man (Jackie Estocado) is not the monster though. image 1st is the full picture of the character and the 2nd is the gameplay shot.

the-darkness-20070626060004097-000.jpg
    480 x 270 - 98K
    the_darkness_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 575K
    Post edited by dinosaurmad87 on
  • Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

I would be surprised if someone had created the exact monster and posted it here to the DAZ shop... because presumably that monster is TM and Copyright the video game company, and DAZ probably would not allow someone to put a copyrighted character on the shop. They don't want to get sued.

You might find something *similar*, just like you can find a superhero suit that is *similar* to Superman's but won't be exact and won't be called "Superman's," and so on... for the same reasons.

• dinosaurmad87dinosaurmad87 Posts: 114
    edited January 2015

Ah yes you have got a point there didn't think of that, good idea I'll see if there is anything out there that looks simular and use that then maybe I might be able to go ahead and make my movie :D

Post edited by dinosaurmad87 on