A little hep for a newbie, please?

dandanni1010dandanni1010 Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello, my apologizes for bothering, but I've been trying to figure out something for a while now.

I'm trying to figure out how to download free content onto my Daz studio, the free stuff that come from third parties and such. I've tried several methods, but I get the feeling they are all dated and not going to work with the current Daz Studio.

About the only thing I haven't tried yet was something I read on this very forum, about making a new folder and having that act as a new path or something.

If someone could help me with that, or suggest something better for me, I would be most deeply appreciative!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dan Danni

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

You can either create a new folder, not inside one of the existing content directories, and point DAZ Studio to i (right-click on the DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats heading in the Content Library pane, then in each case select the Add ... directory option from the menu and select your new folder) or you can use an existing folder - better the \DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library folder in your documents folder then the My DAZ 3D Library folder to avoid possible conflicts. Once you have the folder, the Runtime, Data and any other folders on the same level in the zip get merged with the same folders in the content directory - any parent folders around the Runtime and Data folders should be discarded. The content should then be available in DAZ Studio Formats>folder you installed to or Poser Formats>Folder you installed to, if the zip was set-up correctly.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969
  • dandanni1010dandanni1010 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Aaaaaand copying and pasting these two bits into an easy to find document on my computer.

Thanks! Managed to get some of my stuff to work with this! Now to work with the rest of it! -.- This is gonna take me alllllllll week.

Thanks again for all the help!

• rlmorganrlmorgan Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Ok, what do we owe you for the tutorial? :-) Thank you so very much, you helped me out as well. Make it a sticky?

Thanks again!

Richard

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

rlmorgan said:

Ok, what do we owe you for the tutorial? :-) Thank you so very much, you helped me out as well. Make it a sticky?

Thanks again!

Richard

Well, I can't, but I will leave it on my blog and keep the link in my signature. Feel free to pass it around as needed. ;)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited December 1969

Moved, somewhat belatedly, to the New Users Help forum.