Question about luxus for carrara

rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
I am a new user of Carrara. Purchased it only 24 hours ago and thus far enjoying learning how to use it. I have a couple of newbie quick questions:

1. Does instancing through use of 'surface replicator' work through luxus for carrara and render in luxrender? More specifically, will luxus for carrara enable rendering of for example the 'Stoney Creek' by HowieFarkes in luxrender ?

2. I have created plant instances (imported model from a Daz .duf scene file) in Carrara and exported as OBJ on a terrain for redering via luxus or Reaality in Daz. The OBJ is huge as expected but the plants don't show in the viewport or in the render. When the cursor hovers over where there is presumably a plant, an orange outline appears. It seems to me there is a problem with the normals. Have others experiences this before and if yes, is there a ready solution ? interestingly, Meshlab also does not see the vertices. It seems to be an issue with the settings for OBJ export in Carrara. I used 'full Daz scene output'

Thanks in advance for any information and assistance.

Comments

• SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

Surface replicator works for me. I have not tried Stoney Creek.

Not sure on the missing obj geometry.

• rksrks100rksrks100 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Thanks Spheric,
    I appreciate your taking the time to answer. I will go ahead and try it out.