High-End Answer to the Lack of Carrara Development

2»

Comments

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 308

How about we put together all the links for accessories from Gennesis 1 (clothing, character, morph, etc.) so that the user can easily use the selection of characters and figures. Then Carrara will be more interesting again. New users will be added. When pictures and animations are shown in the galleries, then I think that more people are really interested in Carrara, they will of course also see it at Daz and the Daz company says yes, this is a way of making money. then there can be further development. Ideas and plugins can already be seen in the Daz forums. it could be a temptation. What do you think about that.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

In my limited time, I've been trying to do that for years!

Dartanbeck.com

Genesis 1 Rocks!!! is all about finding Genesis content, but also using the amazing tools allowing us to transform Genesis beyond Generation 5, as well as expanding the compatibility of clothing, etc., that we use for Genesis.

Much more to come.

Humble Beginnings is a story of why I needed Carrara before I knew it existed, and why it meant so much for me to find it. 

Content Generations Conversion adds more to the Genesis 1 Rocks topic regarding converting support content from one generation figure support to another. This is a newer look at clothing conversion than I've used in the past and helps to even bring Genesis 8 support assets to Genesis 1, even though I currently have to convert them to another generation (Genesis 3, in my case, but other options are available) and then convert that down to Genesis 1. 

While these sorts of things might seem time consuming, difficult or headachy when just reading the methods, it really isn't. So the text is there to guide us through the process for the first time, then it becomes incredibly easy and even quick to do.

Hosting 3DXtract e-zines take us waaay back to articles written for Carrara 3, many of which are still valid and great fun in today's Carrara while Carrara Plugins and it's many sub-pages to individual plugin authors attempts to be a more current resource for finding an obtaining tools that truly make Carrara an expansive 3d suite.

Personally, I think that Introducing Rosie 5 is a great little demonstration on how much more easily we can work with characters and their creation in Carrara than, frankly any other software period!

Sure, Rosie 5 is one character for a very specific purpose, but that's actually the point. Being as specific (to me) as she is, Rosie 5 required some real thinking outside the box to get her to look the way she looks - and building a character like this is much more difficult in Daz Studio and quite problematic in other 3d software. In Carrara, however, it was a matter of bringing things into Carrara and using a few plugin options, doing a touch of tweaking and wrapping it all up to make it work.

Carrara is very unique - in a class all its own - on how well it handles working in this way - and then having some of the finest animations options available still to this day! 

Introducing Rosie 5 Support page

Did you know?

With conforming cloth and hair, we can change the initial shapes to be more specific to the look we want while the figure is wearing them. 

For me it's easier to do this in the model room because, while editing, we're seeing the default shape of the clothing as opposed to the changes that occurred being fit to the figure's shape. 

So I use the preview panel in the model room to observe the effect that I'm making to the clothing - as well as to help determine what I want to change.

I begin with poke through except in the cases where I know that I want to make something entirely different.

Just keep in mind that we're not actually changing where on the figure the mesh is following during joint rotation, so it can often be necessary to not change it Too Drastically, unless we're just going for a single frame image, in which case... do as you please!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Hey Dart, just reading through your excellent article on 'Content Generations Conversion' and I realized you hadn't mentioned (and may not be aware) of an even easier method of converting Genesis8 clothes to Genesis, which is the Genesis8 clones for Genesis by our very own Vyusur and available over at Renderosity.  :)  Good stuff, and saves time by doing it in one step.  :)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Jonstark said:

Hey Dart, just reading through your excellent article on 'Content Generations Conversion' and I realized you hadn't mentioned (and may not be aware) of an even easier method of converting Genesis8 clothes to Genesis, which is the Genesis8 clones for Genesis by our very own Vyusur and available over at Renderosity.  :)  Good stuff, and saves time by doing it in one step.  :)

They are not available anymore. That kind of things are not alowed to sell outside Daz.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Ah damn, my mistake.  I didn't realize it had become unavailable.  Sad to hear.