EXPEDITION TRUCK

geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 142
edited August 2021 in Poser Discussion

Can someone help me, and tell me if and how this can work on DAZ ? 

Link removed by mod

( In case the above link does not work, its EXPEDITION TRUCK on RENDEROSITY by ByteFactory and Mausel )

Geordie

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

The same way any other Poser figure works in D|S. Textures are included but you will have to apply them and set up appropriate shaders yourself.

• Thanks for the reply, but I tried the way I have done with poser before, but the assets did not show up in the content directory :( So I must have missed something, anyone any ideas??
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

So, what is the way "I have done with Poser before"?

Where did you install the product?

Which folders do you have specified in "Content Directory Manager" under "Poser Formats"

Where are you looking for the product? 'Smart' Content will not be showing as the product doesn't have the metadata, same applies to "Products" and "Categories" in "Content Library"

Have you looked in Content Library->Poser Formats->[the name of your content library base folder]->Figures or Props?

• The way I have done it before, is  :

Made a base folder ( with the item name as the title )  Inside which is a folder titled 'runtime' , inside that are all the 'Geometries'  , 'Libraries'   , 'Textures'   etc  files,,

then in DAZ CONTENT LIBRARY :- right click POSER FORMATS, then ADD RUNTIME DIRECTORY , found the base folder ( titled with the product name ), and then all appears in the CONTENT LIBRARY under the drop down menu when you click on POSER FORMATS.

It was something I learnt on YOUTUBE, but for whatever reason, when I do this with the EXPEDITION TRUCK, the file EXPEDITION TRUCK appears under POSER FORMATS, but it is an empty folder .

So it lost me :( 

Thanks for the help  Geordie 

• GOOD NEWS  !!    I got it working , after a few hours of trail and error, and youtube videos, I found that using the CONTENT DIRECTORY MANAGER, and ADDING A DIRECTORY to POSER there works.

I mean I thought that was what i did in the above mentioned explaination but it works, the textures are a bit glitchy , but I can work with it :)

Thanks Guys

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

The textures are set up in Poser shaders, which D|S can't read and replicate properly.

• OK, good to know. Thanks Geordie