Learning and yearning to learn...

I started working with Daz a few months ago because i needed storyboards for a short film i'm about to shoot.

So i had to get good fast. so i'm learning by seeing everything here in forums and reading all the posts and taking notes and watching tuts on Youtube. Osmosis on steroids.

Hopefully you can see there is a progress here. One thing i have to master is my grasshopper patience in placing hands in the frame and not always leave them on the sides. being a photog, i try to use techniques like rule of thirds and color match like in the last shot.

Let me know what you think.

Genesis 2 with Iray full Mat skin 2.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Amanda Corson Orgasmic music contrasty black point.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 4M
Rover 4 in the highlands with Orestes vanilla HDRI JPEG.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 3M
Perfect woman super hi res.jpg
1920 x 2715 - 7M

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I love the 2nd one you can feel her concentration ...

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

How "good" do these pictures need to be? (Whatever "good" means...)

Storyboards just need to sketch out a scene and get the idea across, right?

• Hey fellow Montrealer, good renders. I agree with Hylas about getting the idea across. If you are really lacking patience, you don't even need to render. Just take a screen shot of the scene and paste that into your Photoshop of choice to save as a jpg or png. I forgot the shortcut key to go full screen in DazStudio, F10 was it? Anyway, hope this helps getting the images from your mind to your crew.
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Barefoot Upto My Soul said:

If you are really lacking patience, you don't even need to render. Just take a screen shot of the scene and paste that into your Photoshop of choice to save as a jpg or png. I forgot the shortcut key to go full screen in DazStudio, F10 was it?

You don't have to do all that. Switch render engine from IRAY to "viewport". Press render and it will give you an exact copy of the viewport, in the dimensions you specified and without the navigation elements.