Working on Shadows and Backgrounds

roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
edited December 1969 in New Users

These are a few of my latest renders. I like trying to master shadows on my ladies. I also am starting to incorporate backgrounds. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Sexy.jpg
1376 x 872 - 694K
Amanda_Sweet.jpg
1376 x 872 - 114K
Amanda_Sweet9.jpg
1376 x 872 - 96K

Comments

• GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

What I would suggest is use the internet. You can find all kinds of pictures and photos to help you see how light interacts with objects and find similar setups. You might have to use your imagination but in the end,you will have a basis to go by! It is one thing to 'master' light on your ladies but if you are going to incorporate backgrounds, I believe you need to complete your scene first. There is nothing worse than having your character lite all nicely and once you include a background, you find a light glaring on the wall behind her and ruining the picture, especially the mood.

• Mattkire75Mattkire75 Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Yeah I would echo what Garrett said in making sure the entire scene is how you want it before adding lighting. Also something I myself am working on is to decide exactly how (i.e. where your lighting is going to come from) prior to adding any lighting at all. For example in your 3rd Pic, is this a hotel foyer? Is it daytime or night? Brightly lit or dimly lit? Then look up some examples both using Google as well as Hotel Websites. There is probably several similar ideas that you can use and attempt to incorporate. :)

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

If you're doing a 3-point light setup, I would put the main light left of camera, fill right of camera, backlight opposite main light, to give her a rim glow on the right side of the shot (the viewer's right, the model's left).

Also, I would suggest doing some work on the pose. She seems to be floating over the chair and her left leg is in an unnatural looking position.