ripped & torn outfit? how to? where are they?

boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

I'm looking for ripped/torn outfit for my monsters: zombies, monstrosities, etc...
Like for example the ones on the promo images.
(nice example
http://www.daz3d.com/walker-hd-for-genesis
)

Where are the used/torn outfit come from? how to rip/ tear some outfit?
And the weapon?

thx in advance.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can do it yourself with transmaps (transparency) in the surfaces pane.

An easier way would be to use this : http://www.daz3d.com/rag-erator-for-daz-studio

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

As someone who's used the Rag-Erator, I can highly recommend it. You can literally turn any outfit into a torn version, so it has masses of utility.

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

thx, i'll give it a try.
    is there a tuto and/or video somewhere because the product's page isn't really a super informative source?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Does Rag-erator still work with DAZ Studio 4.7? I see it in the compatibility section, but the promo really heavily says 'For DS2 & DS3' in a pretty in-your-face way.

-- Morgan

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

I shared the exact same reaction while reading the thin promo on the product page wich is not really inspiring for buying the product.
    Has anyone tested it on 4.7?
    How does it work? WYSIWYG? etc...

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited January 2015

Yes, it works just fine in 4.7. Rag-erator and its cousins (gore-dom, rust-icator, and grime-inizer) are just LIE (layered image editor) presets. The attached image was just rendered in 4.7 for you for proof.

Edit: As for how they work, you double click the preset and it does some background work for a second while Daz merges the rag-erator opacity maps with any opacity maps already applied to the figure (or generates some new ones if there are none), and after that what you see is pretty much what you get. It works very well so long as the base texture is not tiled. If it is, it will tile the opacity maps as well, and you'll get lots of very small tears all over the item.

ragerator.png
    500 x 500 - 242K
    Post edited by LuckBe on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    I see it in the compatibility section, but the promo really heavily says 'For DS2 & DS3' in a pretty in-your-face way.

The compatibility section isn't actually text that says "4.7", it's a placeholder for "what's the current version". I think the text in the promo means "hey, this works with the newly released D|S3 as well as D|S2 which most of you are probably still using". In other words, it's massively out of date and was never rewritten. The rag-erator stuff (as well as the three similar sets) aren't shaders that might be tied to a particular D|S version, they're simple LIE presets. They'll still work.
  • Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

This thread is why I love this forum.

I was going to need some ripped/torn clothing in the not-too-distant future for some work I am planning, and was wondering how I was going to do it. Now I know... rag-erator!

/wishlist