The Kids4 Morphs++ Expressions

Hey all - I had a question regarding the Kids4 product, and hoping someone can help me out.  I recently bought the Kids4 Base + Morphs, and nearly everything is working as expected.

My question is regarding the The Morphs++ pack, which again, is mostly working fine.  However, applying the pre-set expressions (i.e., Afraid, Angry, Happy, etc) seem to have no effect.  I understand that simply selecting one of Angry, Sad, etc. only applies a Morph, and then I need to adjust the dial accordingly.  But when adjusting the dials for preset expressions, no changes are applied to the Kids4 figure.

All other morph dials work great and as expected (i.e., brows, mouth, nose, etc.), but wanted to ask if anyone had some ideas as to why those specific "expression" morphs don't apply?

I use Poser 11, but have also tried on Poser 12 without any luck.

(i've attached a pic with the "Afraid" dial turned a good bit up, but no changes reflected)

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.10.25 PM.png
3584 x 2120 - 2M

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

have you checked the range of the emotion, if the maximum were 100, having the dial at 3, would have very little effect.

• fallonlancefallonlance Posts: 4
    edited September 2021

PerttiA said:

have you checked the range of the emotion, if the maximum were 100, having the dial at 3, would have very little effect.

Hey, I appreciate the reply!  I checked the range and it's 10000, however pumping the dial all the way up still has no effect for the "pre-set" expressions (have tried both -10000, and +10000).

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 9.22.36 AM.png
    3036 x 2098 - 1M
    Post edited by fallonlance on
  • My quick library search found an old third-party Kids 4 expression (saved Poser Face preset, fc2). This worked perfectly when tested in Poser 11.

But those six default DAZ presets (pz2) that you tested, and that ship with the Morphs++ pack, do not work in Poser 11 here. Perhaps they only ever worked in Daz Studio? 

But that matters little, since further testing shows that nearly all V4 and M4 expressions will also load onto a K4 head.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

The six "default expressions" (libraries/pose/daz's the kids 4/morph injections/morphs++/2_head/8_expressions/) are the morph injections, not presets. You need to dial them in to get any effect. Did you initialize the K4 Shapes ++ morphs? (But then, the other morphs wouldn't work). (Not sure how it is handled with Poser).

• Martirilla said:

My quick library search found an old third-party Kids 4 expression (saved Poser Face preset, fc2). This worked perfectly when tested in Poser 11.

But those six default DAZ presets (pz2) that you tested, and that ship with the Morphs++ pack, do not work in Poser 11 here. Perhaps they only ever worked in Daz Studio? 

But that matters little, since further testing shows that nearly all V4 and M4 expressions will also load onto a K4 head.

Thanks Martirilla!  Yea, it's possible it only works with Daz :-/ ... But thanks for that additional info, V4 & M4 do load into the K4 head which is more than enough.  Thanks again for the help.

• NorthOf45 said:

The six "default expressions" (libraries/pose/daz's the kids 4/morph injections/morphs++/2_head/8_expressions/) are the morph injections, not presets. You need to dial them in to get any effect. Did you initialize the K4 Shapes ++ morphs? (But then, the other morphs wouldn't work). (Not sure how it is handled with Poser).

Preset is probably the wrong word on my part, but yes I added the morph injections for the expressions & ramped up the dials.  But this had no effect.

• No worries. There are now many very good K4 expressions in the RedeyeCat freebies archive for which the zip files are now at Archive .org as a bundle. Search there, using their internal search-box, for "Red Eye Cat Archive at May 2021" in quotes. Working in Poser, and there are more than enough there to compensate for these six defaults not working in Poser.

• Martirilla said:

No worries. There are now many very good K4 expressions in the RedeyeCat freebies archive for which the zip files are now at Archive .org as a bundle. Search there, using their internal search-box, for "Red Eye Cat Archive at May 2021" in quotes. Working in Poser, and there are more than enough there to compensate for these six defaults not working in Poser.

Awesome, thank you again!  Just pulled that zip file down and imported a number of M4/V4/K4 items - some really neat stuff there, and as mentioned plenty of expressions! smiley