Morphing Fantasy Dress Genesis 2 distortion issues

RowanRowan Posts: 4
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Not sure if this should be posted here or nuts'n'bolts section, since it is difficulty to say if it is an item issue (the morphing fantasy dress gen 2) or a daz studio issue. I'm having issues with the morphing fantasy dress distorting with posing, and I'm not sure the cause or how to fix it.

Basically the lower dress appears to be trying to wrap itself around the hands/arms when they are in close proximity to the legs. This is an issue with numerous poses, anything that puts hands/arms close to the legs causies the skirt to blow itself out as it attempts to wrap around the nearby hand/arm. The images here are genesis 2 with only the josie teen morph applied, the morphing fantasy dress genesis 2 version, and the pose is genesis 2 female poses #20 with no adjustments made. I'm using Daz Studio 4.7.

What's causing this and how do I fix it so i can get away from poses where the hands/arms aren't close to the body? I also don't remember this being an issue in older versions of daz studio or poser, but i may not have been using poses that put hands close the body. Thanks.

Attached are views of the pose from two sides.

mfd-gn2_distortion2.jpg
888 x 516 - 108K
mfd-gn2_distortion1.jpg
918 x 700 - 134K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

You need to have the arms outside the dress, or to reduce the number of collision iterations or turn the collision detection off entirely (in the mesh Smoothing group of the Parameters pane with the dress selected). Unfortunately the collision detection is all or nothing, it can't tell that it should be ignoring the arms or even shrinking away from them back to the leg.

• rorsdorsrorsdors Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

You need to think of the 'Collision Iterations' like dynamic cloth and really move the arm up from the dress completely. The same with the foot, that said you'd need to use the morphs in the dress anyway to deal with the foot as it's going to need a movement to the left to cover it. I would think more about the angle you want to pose the figure from, because if you don't see the foot you don't need to worry about it.
    I'm not an expert but that's how I'd do it. :-)

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

The new "Matching Morphs" set for MFD for Genesis 2 Female might be of interest if you want an quick and easy way to pose that dress.

http://www.daz3d.com/matching-morphs-for-mfd-for-genesis-2-females

and here's a thread where a few pics of the morphs are shown.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51957/