My 'Firthaven' comic production blog

2»

Comments

• mschackmschack Posts: 337
    edited September 2021

Working on the surrounding terrain for the city (which will go in the foreground)

GMIC 'Painting' looks so nice.  It kinda looks like...A Painting!

Doc13.png
    1600 x 700 - 429K
    Post edited by mschack on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

WendyLuvsCatz said:

30K came and went for me (was aware it was approaching) because times were adverse and I never knew if a post would be published surprise

Happy 250 mschack kiss

Yes! Happy 250!!!

Wow. Wendy's over 30K? I better get typing! Maybe more single-word posts just for fun? LOL

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I'd also like to say:

mschack, your contributions have been an honor and a delight! I watch with earnest every time you post!

Distant Star is also adding some fresh, awesome messages to the mind!

What a blast to see!!!

Dartanbeck said:

I'd also like to say:

mschack, your contributions have been an honor and a delight! I watch with earnest every time you post!

Distant Star is also adding some fresh, awesome messages to the mind!

What a blast to see!!!

Thanks Dart it is my pleasure!  This is a wonderful community and one reason I have remained is everyones attention to the art; art in general, art specific to Carrara, how to move the art forward.  This ain't a tech support forum... 

• Dartanbeck said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

30K came and went for me (was aware it was approaching) because times were adverse and I never knew if a post would be published surprise

Happy 250 mschack kiss

Yes! Happy 250!!!

Wow. Wendy's over 30K? I better get typing! Maybe more single-word posts just for fun? LOL

your posts while not as frequent do tend to be verbose cheeky  maybe less small novels and books and more quips will get more reads because while interesting even I am guilty of my eyes glazing over for some. devil

Renders Dart, Renders, a picture tells a story and I love yours heart

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited September 2021

ha ha well edited Wendy :)

Happy 250 post mschack.

Good to see new blood with both talent and passion. One encourages the other. 

Sorry can't really post work here re graphic novels as it's kind of underwraps. Thanks for asking

If I had time I could mock up one - maybe later  in the year :) ! :)

I can tell you I render most scenes from multiple angles with different camera focal points at around 8000 by 8000 pixels - so I can zoom in if I need to.

Sometimes I have a massive scene and I just need to zoom in on an eye ...

I remder lots of different passes - that way I can easily fix things in post without rerendering again,

Post edited by Headwax on

I understand Headwax, if it is alot of work then no worries.  I will wait for the release!

mschack said:

I understand Headwax, if it is alot of work then no worries.  I will wait for the release!

thanks me too !

now lets see 80 pages at 4 images a page plus revisions thats 80 times 4 times 4 divided by .97 ....

holding my breath :)

What software are you using for the layout?

mschack said:

Working on the surrounding terrain for the city (which will go in the foreground)

GMIC 'Painting' looks so nice.  It kinda looks like...A Painting!

that's a great looking image congrats

edited September 2021

Thanks Headwax!

I have been playing around with different techniques to combine both large and small scales.  What I am doing currently is using the medium scene size in Carrara.  I find that using large scale scene size can confuse some things in Carrara.  Obviously everything has to be scaled down significantly, including render cameras (scale 0.02 with near plane down to 0.0003) and objects etc.  Also set the Unit Display decimal places to 4 or 5 to allow for fine adjustments.  Navigation at very small scales is a little cumbersome at times, but scaling down the render cameras also scales their movement.  Moving them far distances then becomes near impossible.  I have started to set up target helper objects to jump the cameras around with the View Selection or 0 key.

The directors camera is stuck at it's normal size so navigating down to fine increments is not possible.

From this view you would barely even make out buildings, i'd estimate the landscape to represent about 5x5km maybe more.

And a rendered view, complete with an enormous waterfall lol, might have to rethink that...

Questions/comments/suggestions welcome

cityscale.PNG
    1858 x 1080 - 954K
    city.png
    1880 x 820 - 502K
    Post edited by mschack on